SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07
Oct 10, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #406 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sort of thing, but maybe put it in the front where inquiring new guys, who have never been to a meet before, might find it before being frightened away by pics of hello kitty gear, hamster wheels, and mods gone wild cover shots.

They might as well know what they're getting into, right?
biggrin.gif

And Vicki, you should find a way to give the Hertsens a listen, it'd give you a good idea (single ended) of what you might expect the Headroom Ultra Micro DAC to sound like out of your MacBook.

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #407 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not know if he will last 20 years of South Florida Meets! These meets should come with a health warning like cigarettes.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree Miguel. Maybe something like:

[size=large]Warning: hanging out with the So Fla Head-Fi Gang may be harmful to your brain cells![/size]

Of course, it really needs a skull and crossbones icon at the beginning and end to really be correct.
wink.gif

Quote:

T-shirts anyone?

That's an awesome idea!

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #408 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They might as well know what they're getting into, right?
biggrin.gif

And Vicki, you should find a way to give the Hertsens a listen, it'd give you a good idea (single ended) of what you might expect the Headroom Ultra Micro DAC to sound like out of your MacBook.

As the sole member of Team Sober, I have been known to sequester all desirable gear in my room so that I may have solitary listening sessions late at night while the boys snore loudly down the hall
basshead.gif
The Herstens dac will definitely be a part of that tradition.

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #409 of 678
Quote:

So a new local head-fier pm'ed me, wanting to know what gear we may have.

The gear is the kind that's made by Spacely's Sprockets.

gear.3.jpg

Meet George Jetson, and his boy Elroy.

Oct 10, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #410 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not know if he will last 20 years of South Florida Meets! These meets should come with a health warning like cigarettes.
wink.gif

And I smoke too. I think I need a midlife crisis right about now.

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #411 of 678
I plan to bring three vinyl players (see my profile), a Yamamoto HA02 amp. (i.e., if it's returned from repair), and an ALO rewired K701.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean one of these:

Sources:
Hertsens DAC
Slim Devices Transport
Slim Devices SB3
iPod Classic
4g iMod
Accuphase DP-77
Exemplar Denon 2900
Lector 0.6T
imod
ipod (photo and nano)
MacBook Pro (looking to try out DACs)
Stello DAC
Wavelength Audio Cosecant
Opus Dac
SCD-1

Amps:
Eddie Current EC/SS
Woo Audio WA5 (V-Caps installed)
SR-71
Tomahawk
Accuphase A-20
Extreme Platinum
Heed Canamp
Heed Obelisk integrated
FirstWatt F1
Larocco PRII (maybe)
SR-71 (maybe)
Manley SkipJack (might come in handy)
HeadRoom Cosmic Reference '04 w/ BS One
Meier Audio Aria
Dared MP-5 (no extra tubes...)
Rockhopper Mini3
Aristaeus

Headphones:
K1000
Edition 9s
ER-6i
HD-650/Zu
Yuin PK3
K1000 (stock/Equinox tail)
MDR-R10
K340s (maybe...if I keep delaying sending them to Larry for retermination)
HD650
HD600
HD650 (stock)
HD600 (full Larry mod, cable and closed wood)
SR-325i (full Larry mod)
RS-1 (stock)
PX-100
K701
SR-60
George Takei H2
HE90

ETOH:
Pappy VanWinkle
Lagavulin

Oct 11, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #413 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've bought 10 tickets for The Samples Saturday night. Anyone with a one after their name has a ticket. If anyone else decides they want to go the tickets can be bought throught the Culture Room.

Given that I have a 1 next to my name in the first post, I assume that JP leaked the info that I am now officially coming to the meet. I bought the tix and have reserved some couch space (because Gene has forsaken me for a younger man) and will arrive Friday night ready to geek out to the max. If folks are at Oz Fest, I will just get a cab over there.

Now, to business. Here is my gear list for cross-country meet travel:

5G iMod with ALO Super Cotton iMod Dock and ALO female iMod dock
RSA Katrina SR-71
Ultrasone Edition 9
Shure E500

For mikeg's vinyl test bed, I will also try to bring some audiophile vinyl, including many Steve Hoffman remasters, if I can get a proper case from TTVJ to bring it in.

Looking forward to it! Team Florida Rulez!

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #416 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dangit, even Voltron is in now - can't believe I'm missing this one.
frown.gif
Stupid expensive airfare.

Stupid, indeed. Looks like brother Nate would be out $400 or so to make it here. Since he is so generous with his knowledge, advice, and builds amazing stuff at giveaway prices (he undercharged me by at least $50, and I suspect others here have had similar dealings), I say we belly up and buy him a ticket.

I'm in for $50 (I'll get some of that back, cause Nate owes me a beer), and if three others kick in, there are no excuses. I know Nate will fight this and resist, but screw him - this is Florida, and we can buy tickets for whomever we want.

If you prefer to go offline with this, pm me, and maybe a mod (if they have a moment or two from the wildness) can delete this.

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #417 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I bought the tix and have reserved some couch space (because Gene has forsaken me for a younger man) and will arrive Friday night ready to geek out to the max. ....

Glad you can make it, DOTU. You have bad info, though, for it is you, lover, who has forsaken me. I have room already reserved, and was expecting you. I know it is very tempting to bunk in with tyrion and immtbiker, but do they cuddle like I do? I don't think so.

Whatever you decide is ok with me, but I am hurt that you think I've moved on. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #418 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree Miguel. Maybe something like:

[size=large]Warning: hanging out with the So Fla Head-Fi Gang may be harmful to your brain cells![/size]

Of course, it really needs a skull and crossbones icon at the beginning and end to really be correct.
wink.gif

I can't believe I missed this! The answer is yes.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #419 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stupid, indeed. Looks like brother Nate would be out $400 or so to make it here. Since he is so generous with his knowledge, advice, and builds amazing stuff at giveaway prices (he undercharged me by at least $50, and I suspect others here have had similar dealings), I say we belly up and buy him a ticket.

I'm in for $50 (I'll get some of that back, cause Nate owes me a beer), and if three others kick in, there are no excuses. I know Nate will fight this and resist, but screw him - this is Florida, and we can buy tickets for whomever we want.

If you prefer to go offline with this, pm me, and maybe a mod (if they have a moment or two from the wildness) can delete this.

I was just on the phone with JP#s and each of us will kick in $50 for Nate's travel costs. Same reasoning applies, as my SB3 has never been the same since receiving my n_maher PS (and that is a GOOD thing!
3000smile.gif
). Please don't diss our offer, Nate. You give a lot, so take a little...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Glad you can make it, DOTU. You have bad info, though, for it is you, lover, who has forsaken me. I have room already reserved, and was expecting you. I know it is very tempting to bunk in with tyrion and immtbiker, but do they cuddle like I do? I don't think so.

Whatever you decide is ok with me, but I am hurt that you think I've moved on. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

Scandalous! Others are trying to break us up with rumors and misinformation! I will bunk with you if your heart isn't broken, and this way Nate can stay with Mike & Co. to avoid hotel costs! Everyone wins!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 11, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #420 of 678
Quote:

While I seriously appreciate that kind of gesture Gene I'd rather you take that $50, get toasted in my honor and drunk dial me with stories, get Vicky to dial lest you see too many digits and call some poor soul who won't appreciate it. thrice has my #.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back