SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07
Oct 4, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #316 of 678
Actually three turntables, and a megaphone.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MikeG has two turntables and a microphone!!

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #317 of 678
Yup, you're right. Compared to the moden crap, Mathis is really amazing.
evil_smiley.gif
Asbestus suit is now fully on.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course they are because nobody has played any of that sh!t for about 30 years! Nah, just kidding, Mike. Those are among my favorites, one and all.
rolleyes.gif
No, seriously now, Johnny Mathis can outright sing! Love his Christmas stuff.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #319 of 678
Holly crap, it took me forever to go through the 16 or so pages of foreplay you guys had going on!

Ok, is it too late to ask for a ticket for 'the samples'? (I think that's what the band was named.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I went to a beer tasting last night, a joint effort by my local beer shop and the Mellow Mushroom. There were something like 35 beers available in an unlimited fashion, along with plenty of pizza all for $25. To make matters even better they held raffles throughout the night of lots of random stuff. Packs of beer, clothing, and even bottles of liquor. They pulled out the 1.75 liter bottle of Dewar's White Label first off and called my number, woohooo. Later in the night I picked up an assorted 4-pack of whatever beer wasn't selling from the store, and a crappy golf-hat which I gave to the cute girl at the Mellow Mushroom register. I was too sloshed by then to get a number in return, but she was a bit young for me. Anyway, best $25 ever spent. Had to get a day off work today but that was worked out in advance.

The beer of the night? That would be the Saint Somewhere brews. Belgian style golden ale and a very tasty Saison, brewed right up here in Tarpon Springs. They got their first batch to the shelves in late August. I had a bottle of the Lectio Divina Golden Ale soon after that, not even knowing they were local. I was prompted to look them up after I had issues removing their cork resulting in the first time use of my friend's swiss army knife's cork puller. I felt like an idiot but upon online investigation I found that they are having cork supplier problems. Anyway it's a very nice husband and wife just getting moving with this business. By the first of next year they should be going full time and be ready to expand their production to cover all of Florida. I will have bottles at the meet.

That is freaking awesome! I wish there was a place around me that did stuff like that! Gosh, it makes me wanna start my own local beer shop and do that!

Ok so, I def. can't wait to chill at this meet!

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #320 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by polvodediamante /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holly crap, it took me forever to go through the 16 or so pages of foreplay you guys had going on!

Ok, is it too late to ask for a ticket for 'the samples'? (I think that's what the band was named.)

I am pretty sure I can get another ticket.

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #322 of 678
Quote:

You actually read this stuff...and still want to come? You're officially doomed.

What happened to the car guy? He didn't think I was serious. I'm going to stop buying headphones and buy a car. A blue one. I think the Mods Gone Wild pic could have scared him off for good. It almost scared me off for good. Now it just makes me want to buy a car.

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #324 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You actually read this stuff...and still want to come? You're officially doomed.

I had to know what I was getting myself into! Plus like tyrion said...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it's clear, the definition of a Florida Head-Fier is one who has attended at least one, official Florida Head-Fi Meet.

I want in!

Oct 5, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #325 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least we know that at least 2 of us, have "innies"
icon10.gif

Innies are good. My acupuncturist just poured salt in mine and burned ten balls of mugwort. I don't know if he could have done that so successfully if I had an outie (must remember to ask next week).

Quote:

I had to know what I was getting myself into! Plus like tyrion said...

I want in!

doomed.

Oct 5, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #329 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GIRLS20GONE20WILD-1.jpg

That pic is amazing and deserves a repeat on this page. It is equal parts hilarious and horrifying!
icon10.gif
eek.gif

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #330 of 678
Guys, Al is scaring me...or is it scarring me...
plainface.gif

Btw, have you noticed that jp11801 has abandoned us almost entirely? I see him logged in every evening, but nary a post for his Florida friends. First he leaves, then he steals Gene's 701s, then he disappears. It is just because he's found a new tea shop with, admittedly, a higher caliber of friends than we? Has the re-tweaked HD2 enchanted him so that he will neither deign to commiserate nor smile upon those with Tangoless transformers? Is he becoming a California...
eek.gif
...snob? I think maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back