Soekris ApS dac1101 V. MyST PortaDAC 1866OCUB v.3 v. DIXO portable USB R-2R DAC
Mar 27, 2017 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ursdiego

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there

I still use my HM-801 and it is just awefully hard to find an update. Actually, I am fine with the sound, but I'd love it to be just a little bit more portable (smaller) and convenient.

A delta-sigma-based dac or dap has never been an option for me, I am just too much used to the natural timbre I experience from bot my home Stereo and my HM-801 that are both basend on the r-2r-Chip PCM 1704. Everytime I listen to a delta-sigma-type player, I just don't feel it's worthy spending time with it.

So I am wondering, if the time has come to replace my HM-801.

What I found:

- Soekris ApS dac1101 at 380$
- MyST PortaDAC 1866OCUB v.3 at 600$
- MyST PortaDAC 1862 (no price or stock info shown)
- MyST PortaDAC 1704 (no price or stock info shown)
- DIXO portable USB R-2R DAC at 400 €

However, I did not find any independent reviews... and I hesitate to order without being somewaht sure of what I get.

Any thoughts...? Experiences with any of these gadgets?

Best!

Jan 4, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 4
I have 601LE that I like quite a lot more than any SD players. Even 128 kbps mp3s sound better. I have been lurking on upgrading to another R2r based dac or dap. I am seriously considering an upgrade to a R2r based portable setup and any help is appreciated.

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 4
I have 601LE that I like quite a lot more than any SD players. Even 128 kbps mp3s sound better. I have been lurking on upgrading to another R2r based dac or dap. I am seriously considering an upgrade to a R2r based portable setup and any help is appreciated.

hifiman has new r2r dap incoming, you can take a look at it. although it will be around 2k dollars.

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 4
hifiman has new r2r dap incoming, you can take a look at it. although it will be around 2k dollars.

Thanks Tarhana. Hifiman coming back to R2R Dap will be interesting. 2K is out of my budget for a portable dap and headphone setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back