SOCKPOD (iPod / iBasso D2 Amp Carrying Case) Works With Other Source / Portable Amp Combos
Feb 11, 2011 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nam8macs

New Head-Fier
I was getting really tired of carrying my iPod/iBasso D2 in my pocket, and I don't like the possibility of the cables on top being pushed and making the connectors loose, so I decided to make a case. There are no cases I've found that are designed to hold an iPod/portable amp. All it takes is a sock, some scissors, some thread, and a needle. You can cut the sock to various sizes for different source/portable amp combos.

1. Cut sock to size.
2. Turn the sock inside out, and tie a thread on the corner.
3. Use the stitch shown, out the bottom, around, in the top, to secure the edge shut.
4. Should look like this after going all the way down.
5. I went back and forth a bunch for added strength. Optional step, I did a lot more than necessary here, but it never hurts. Flip sock back to normal-side out and the seam will be hidden.

1. It's hard to choose iPod songs with the sock as is, so I marked a section to cut out.
2. Cut it and sew the edge clean with the same stitch I showed on step 3 on the last picture.
It helps greatly. The bottom corner shows the bottom of the sockpod after being turned normal-side out.

I decided to decorate this one some more.

It works well, it can hold the gear without hampering the cords at all.

Fits well in a cargo pants pocket, sweater pocket, backpack pouch, backpack waterbottle holder, etc. I was going to sew one on the side of my backpack, I'll let you all know how that goes. If you guys make one, post a picture! I'm sure you can make nicer ones with a cooler sock, something with a picture or pattern.
See ya
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back