Sociological survey
Feb 3, 2007 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

martinq

100+ Head-Fier
Imagine this situation: You are walking down the street/square and AT ONCE you will spot four people walking four different courses:
1) AKG K1000 guy
2) Beyer DT150 girl
3) Pioneer SE505 guy
4) Sony MDR V700 girl

A) You will track the footsteps of:
a) K 1000
b) DT150
c) SE505
d) V700
e) no one of them

B) If Aa) - Ad), than you will:
a) try talk to him/her
b) just walk around

C) If Ba), than:
a) you will just appreciate those cans
b) you will try to talk about his/her Head-Fi
ca) being a male and Ab) or Ad) you will ask her "would you like to go for a cup of coffee?"
cb) being a female and Aa) or Ac) you will ask him "would you like to go for a cup of coffee?"

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 13
That's a serious complex question. However, I would follow the k1000 guy. He's wearing the k1000s in the street so he's clearly a total dude! I'd say hello and ask him if he fancied a beer on me for being so awesome.

Feb 3, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 13
Are the girls hot?

Feb 3, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the girls hot?

They are not absolutly hot but at least cute, however it depends on each individual what he consideres as hot. Let's say they are aged 25 - 35.

Feb 3, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 13
I would follow none of them...I make my own path!
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 13
Oh Wow!

After reading the survey and getting it all straight in my mind as to what I observe and who, and what steps can be taken, I suddenly realized that I would probably not recognize the significance of most of these phones!

Maybe the K1000, but not the rest!

Yeah; I guess I would just discuss head-fi and stuff.

Excellent question(s) though!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 13
I have no idea What you are talking about, or what we are trying to accomplish here, but I will attempt an answer.
wink.gif

If I was in a real life situation as it is listed in the 'survey', I would pinch myself to see if I woke up, becuase the odds of that kind of thing happening is probably about 10 million to 1. The '1' acception being some sort of a Head-Fi meet, and even then the possibility of it happening is pretty slim.

If I didn't wake up after I pinched myself, I wouldn't follow any of them, since I don't make it a habbit of stalking people wearing headphones, regardless of the headphone model in question. Not to mention, I am not exactly a 'people person', so even if I did follow them for some strange reason, I would have absolutely no desire to talk to any of them. I would be lying if I didn't admit that I would have a fantasy playing out in my mind where I would snatch the K1000s off of the guys head and make a run for it - I have been meaning to pick up a second pair for a while now... of corse, I wouldn't act upon such a thought.

If the females in the scenario had nice rear ends, that would probably be about the only thing I would be interested in, so I would (discretely) take a good peek, record a good mental snapshot, and then be on my merry way.

Remember, YOU asked me. This is me just being honest here folks.

evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #9 of 13
IF 1,2,3,4 THEN:

Aa) IF & ONLY IF 2 AND 4 looks like someone's grandma.

NOT Ac) poor guy...

IF Aa) THEREFORE B), IF B) THEN Ba), THEREFORE C), IF C) THEN Ca) AND Cb) NOT Cca) I would of course find a way to invite myself for a listening on his rig.

IF Aa)' THEN Ab) XOR Ad) (2 stranger girls would never go on a double date with an equally stranger guy, would they...?) THEREFORE B), IF B) THEN Ba), THEREFORE C), IF C) THEN Ca) AND Cb) THEN Cca) emphasis on "coffee"...

Feb 4, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no idea What you are talking about, or what we are trying to accomplish here, but I will attempt an answer....

What am I trying to accomplish here? Well, I just would find out wheter are the people here interested more in the object (cans) or subject (wearer). And, if one would follow someone or not (nothing against if you would, nothing against if you would not).

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I was in a real life situation as it is listed in the 'survey', I would pinch myself to see if I woke up, becuase the odds of that kind of thing happening is probably about 10 million to 1. The '1' acception being some sort of a Head-Fi meet, and even then the possibility of it happening is pretty slim....

I know, the situation is ALMOST unprobable but that is why the cans and people were set up just the way they were. BTW: it was not meant as a sort of Head-Fi meet, just an "ordinary" life situation. E.g.: this week I met two big-cans-girls and one big-cans-guy within 10 - 15 minutes, of course not with such an odd cans as listed. And here is second aim: I set up 3 very odd cans and 1 quite odd cans intentionally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Silly. Too complex for me.

Girls can have complicated silly relationship-quizes in chicks magazines and we cannot have similar one oriented on Head-Fi matters? BTW: I think it could be sillier
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-One /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...NOT Ac) poor guy...

I just, can you tell me why? Is it about the sound, the weight, the look or anything else?

Feb 4, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #12 of 13
A somewhat typical Junior Member Thread. I used to ask similar questions
tongue.gif

Topic: I'd approach to that K1000 guy & ask for a listening trial.

Feb 4, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by martinq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E.g.: this week I met two big-cans-girls and one big-cans-guy

I realize English is probably not your 1st language, but ROFL
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back