Soccer Accident
Apr 3, 2007 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

hudsong

100+ Head-Fier
So I was playing soccer last night as a stand in for a frat team. I was playing defense on a kid who could kick the ball pretty much the length of the field, yea, that seemed to be his only purpose. I guess he figured it'd be a good idea to line up one of those kicks right at my head. It hit me in the right ear, and now, after a night of recovery, my hearing level is about the same (close no nil) out of that ear, and all I can hear, even in silence, seems to be the sound of very far away traffic. When I got hit, my inner ear didn't bleed, or even hurt at all, just my outer ear hurt badly, so I don't think it's a rupture in the ear drum.
Anyone else with a similar experience? Listening to music is basically pointless, and I'm getting really bummed out. I'm going to see a doctor this afternoon, but I thought head-fiers might have had similar experiences and might be able to provide some advice.

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 20
Ouch, that seriously sucks dude.

I'd suggest sitting in as near to silence as you can manage until seeing the doctor, and don't let it get you down until you know for sure. It could be just bruising/inflammation that's blocking the ear temporarily.

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 20
oh no. you should definitely get it checked out right away. it may just be temporary because of injury to your ear....

my best wishes to you

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 20
First, go to the doctor immediately.
Second, don't get mad, get even.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #6 of 20
ah the beautiful game..... a gentleman's game played by hooligans

I'd seriously go get that checked out!

I played sweeper for my premiership team and a few years ago I had quite an accident. Being 6'1ish and 200lbs I play a relatively physical game, and in this event I took a gamble and slide in the box.... beautifully timed tackle which robbed the striker of the ball...

unfortunately he must've though he still had it as his knee hit my right orbit (eye) and fractured it

I just remember getting up and not feeling dizzy but seeing kinda double.... well then the ref takes one look at me and says "can I get you an ambulance?"

Fun times, and the worst part was when I sneezed later that night and popped my eyeball right out... that's when I decided to get to the hospital

but at least it was just my eye and not my ears...
Get that checked out ASAP

Apr 3, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 20
I've been hit in the side of the head with a hard volleyball before. (being kicked)

It's a huge shock, then all the air that was forced into your ear makes it hurt like hell, thankfully I recovered about 20-25 minutes after it happened.

Wish you luck.

Apr 3, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3cc0s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but at least it was just my eye and not my ears...

You had me laughing with that one
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You had me laughing with that one
biggrin.gif

Haha QFT
Well I got back from the doctor, and even though there wasn't any drainage, and probably wont be, my ear drum is indeed ruptured, roughly half of it is gone
frown.gif

The doctor said that it would heal within two weeks, and I got some antibiotic drops to prevent infection.
No soccer until it heals...
And also no headphones....

I'm going to kill that person.

Apr 3, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by hudsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha QFT
Well I got back from the doctor, and even though there wasn't any drainage, and probably wont be, my ear drum is indeed ruptured, roughly half of it is gone
frown.gif

The doctor said that it would heal within two weeks, and I got some antibiotic drops to prevent infection.

Wow, that sucks.
frown.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by hudsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha QFT
frown.gif

PHEW! i am glad that it is not permanent! take a small break and then come back for more excitement
cool.gif

Apr 4, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #15 of 20
For ripping your eardrum, you should rip him a new @$$hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back