Headphoneus Supremus
[size=small]It's on!!! Meet 8/2/03[/size]

Time = 2:00

Place =

246 E. Sycamore Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91006

phone = 626 359 1722

(old post = [size=xx-small]hi.

i haven't decided that i will have this party. if you guys really want one, we will. if you guys don't care, we won't.

here's the deal: a short time after the last meeting, i found that i was missing my favorite Movado watch. i cannot be sure it was stolen at that meeting... let's say i'm 70% sure. but i've never had anything stolen from me before. i've never minded opening my doors to strangers... but now i'm much more careful. though the watch was expensive, it's not the money that pissed me off... it's the fact that someone would take something from right under my nose.

so.... this time i will have to be more careful. and i would suggest all who come to watch their gear too. if anything gets stolen, it will not be my responsibility to keep your stuff safe.

that said, the last meeting was fun. we can do it again..... just let me hear some enthusiasm.

orpheus[/size])

Jun 28, 2003 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 78
Man, that's low! Good thing they took the watch instead of some audio equipment!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, I'd love to attend a SoCal meet, and August 2 is probably a good day for me. Right now I can bring my nifty vintage reciever, modded K501's, a IMP-350, and a passel of cds. By then, though, I'll probably be able to bring DIY interconnects and a DIY tube amp, too.
cool.gif
Where would this meet be? Arcadia?

Jun 28, 2003 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 78
Some mother****er needs an ass kicking. I can't believe you're letting people back into your house.

I'm in, only this time let us buy the pizza. And I'll bring a bat.

Jun 28, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 78
Dean,

Yup. I'll call you as soon as I know the times for sure. Bring the K1K
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2003 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 78
I'm in too. And yeah, if it indeed was someone at the meet who swiped Dean's watch do us all a favor and don't bother coming this time, please. Lowlife scum
mad.gif

Anyway, it looks like there's been a proliferation of SoCal forumites since last time. I hope many more show up and make this a great experience. Looking forward to the meet!

Jun 29, 2003 at 7:17 AM Post #7 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by carlo
I'm in, only this time let us buy the pizza. And I'll bring a bat.

I can bring a katana and a very nice kukri knife. But wash the pizza grease off your hands before you touch my gear.
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2003 at 5:18 AM Post #10 of 78
Sounds great Dean.

I'm in and will be bringing the Stax. A good chance for me to meet Carlo, the maestrobator himself.

I'm still trying to figure out how take the Stax as a carry on. Wonder if I'll have any trouble at the airport.

Jul 2, 2003 at 5:29 AM Post #11 of 78
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
I'm still trying to figure out how take the Stax as a carry on. Wonder if I'll have any trouble at the airport.

If things don't work out with my shipment coming down here in mid-July I will work things out so that my KGSS and Stax Omegas are available to send to someone responsible. So far I haven't heard whether or not the group has confirmed or cancelled, so I'll let Tuan or Carlo know as they will both have the stuff to run on the KGSS.

In fact, HEY CARLO, if I hear that the group is off I'll have Denis ship the amp right to you.

Jul 2, 2003 at 8:28 AM Post #12 of 78
I would love to attend, since I missed the last one. I need some headphone jealousy before I ship off to Korea and find myself closer to some Stax's and AT's.

Unfortunately, I've got an engagement that evening at 8:00 to see Norah Jones at the Berkeley Greek Theatre. I'll keep my eye on this thread in case things change (either my plans or the meet's plans).

Oh, and to the contrary of what people were saying... If someone did take Orpheus' watch, I hope the ******* shows up wearing it so we can amputate his hand and give Orpheus his watch back.

Jul 3, 2003 at 1:40 AM Post #13 of 78
Just a note, I may be able to pick up a modded DI/O. I'll bring that along if it arrives here in time.

So it'll be the Stax, ER4S/P, Ipod (if anyone's interested) and the modded DI/O.

Jul 3, 2003 at 5:35 AM Post #14 of 78
Count me in too! I'll bring my modest turntable this time as well (although i might have an MMF-5 by then if i can get some sort of trade-in deal) I might also have a stage 2 cdp by then as well.

I heard about your watch dean, that really sucks! If you ever find out who did it, tell me, and i'll make them repay with a few vital organs.

edit: darkclouds, please do bring the di/o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back