SoCal Meeting 8/2/03!!!
Jul 30, 2003 at 2:09 AM Post #46 of 78
Hey... aim9x... I noticed you are only using portables as your source...

If you are going to the meet, i could give you my old sony cdp if you want. Its not great, but it should beat any portable sound-wise.

Jul 30, 2003 at 10:51 PM Post #49 of 78
Im still not sure if ill be able to make it. I have noone to take me to arcadia
frown.gif
I could bring myh grado SR225s and iPod. Orpheus im giving you one more chance to move it to UCI
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2003 at 11:05 PM Post #53 of 78
I saw a couple of OC posters looking for a lift. I'll be driving up from Dana Point so if you're in south county and can squeeze into a Honda Civic let me know.

If anyone has a balanced (XLR) cardas cable for HD600s please bring it along.

Orpheus,
what's the route to your place? I was thinking about I5 -> 605.

Regards
13th duke of Wymbourne

Aug 1, 2003 at 2:17 AM Post #56 of 78
k.... can we get a quick general idea of how many people are coming?

--let us know that you're coming and what you're gonna bring. i just want to know how much space to put aside.

remember, bring your own surge protector. and i need one small portable table.

again, the meeting is at 2:00.

oh, and someone please bring a digital camera so we can post afterwards.

cliffm, you can make it after work. we'll probably be here 'till 8:00 or 9:00.

Aug 1, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #57 of 78
Orpheus,

I'll be there. I'll bring my Wadia 830 - because it has a volume control you can drive 'phones directly. It's set up to drive my HD-600s in balanced mode via XLRs. I'll try an make an adapter by Saturday to drive 0.25" headphone cords from the single-ended outputs.

I have a camera but no way to show them unless I put them on DR and post them back to you. Or, I could bring the PC photo software an load them to your PC when we're done.

Regards
13DoW

Aug 1, 2003 at 6:59 AM Post #59 of 78
I'm bringing:

HD600's
Headroom Supreme
Micromega Stage 2
Music Hall MMF-1

All of my classical LP's are in storage, but I do have some experimental stuff I can bring (sorry guys)

Aug 2, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #60 of 78
I'll be there thanks to Tim.

I'll add the 007t amp and 404 phones, some etys 4S, and a modded ART DI/O with power supply.

By the way, you'll be amazed by the sound of that little DI/O. I think it may just sound better than my SCD-555ES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back