so your SO says you're a dork with your phones...........but....
Mar 10, 2006 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
she (usually she, right?) borrows your gear and you can't find it. usually this happens with my DAP, ety's and other portable gear. i got the "so what, i can't use it" last night. my response "well, let's get you something of your own", but she'd rather "share"..................oohhhhhhhh deadly words for headphoners. considering (all wives must listen) IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO "SHARE" HEADPHONES. anyway, wondering if y'all have had similar experiences.

it's funny, when i want to purchase goodies she's always saying she doesn't care about "video quality" or "audio quality". but somehow mysteriously when i got my infocus 4805 projector she wouldn't let it out of her grasp, and then my audio goodies go missing....oh well. how do you convince them it's OK to like this stuff?

btw: i've no doubt the femme's here have similar problems with their audio-ignorant hubbies...

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Oh, well...
smily_headphones1.gif
Anyway, what's even worse for my taste is that type of SO that never seems to be able to actually order something they really like in restaurants/cafés/whatever, but of course always has to try what one has ordered oneself and - totally of course - finds that delicious. So one usually ends up with either bad conscience or only half a meal - both totally undeserved.
wink.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, I just had that problem earlier tonight with my ksc-75's. Apparently, they're no longer mine.
wink.gif
But if my husband uses them, then at least he's not using ibuds.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's just how marriage is. There's no yours and mine anymore.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Yeah, I just had that problem earlier tonight with my ksc-75's. Apparently, they're no longer mine.
wink.gif
But if my husband uses them, then at least he's not using ibuds.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's just how marriage is. There's no yours and mine anymore.
smily_headphones1.gif

I had an argument with my GF about this - how I would want my own separate bank account if we got married. She of course did not see this as a viable proposition.

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 5
My wife really could care less about that stuff but when I let her check something out she is usually very impressed.

I have to say there was a pretty big grin on her face on our way to Maui with my DT770 and Hornet out of her Sony CDP listening to Jamie Cullum (or whatever his name is). But that may have just been cause we were going to Maui
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back