So you thought the Karma's successor would be released soon?
Jul 29, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledge
If I could get one in as-new condition, I'd install the Rockbox firmware and get a Headroom MicroDAC/Amp combo.

Or you could get the Desktop Portable with the Home module and integrated DAC.
cool.gif

Jul 29, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Or you could get the Desktop Portable with the Home module and integrated DAC.
cool.gif

My wallet would never forgive me. $800 for the amp and another $250 for the DAC option. OUCH!
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #33 of 34
"On the upside, there will probably be a whole load of products on the market this time next year, from many vendors, which offer all the things that Karma owners hold dear - like gapless, crossfade, parametric EQ, etc. That's not to say every player will be the same - give the same chip & software core to different vendors and you can get anything in the spectrum from an excellent product (eg, the Rio Carbon) to a poor one (I won't even name names).

I'd say this is excellent news for DAP-buyers everywhere, and excellent news for Sigmatel." - UK Rio Engineer, according to dapreview

Jul 31, 2005 at 6:22 PM Post #34 of 34
I recently bought an iRiver ihp 140 on ebay; still in the package. I waiting to have it shipped this Monday. Check my signature for the rest of my setup. I'm still waiting for my amp and dac to arrive as well. I'm so excited to get this up and running with rockbox.

Do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back