So who's watching "The Unit"?
Mar 22, 2006 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SennFan

500+ Head-Fier
For those of you who aren't watching this in all it's High Def glory, it's a sort of like a cross between "The A-Team" and "Desperate Housewives" at this point.

I think the action sequences and military related polt lines are entertaining but the storylines concerning the wives plays too prominent of a role in the show and is holding it back. If they cut that the wives thread down significantly I think they'd have a serious hit show on their hands at CBS. The actors are excellent especially Robert Patrick (T2, X-Files) and Dennis Haysbert's (24, All State commercials) characters in this show.

Mar 22, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 5
I am watching it. I agree with the wives parts. I think it should just consist of a new mission every week with as much bloodshed and blowing as much stuff up as possible, and that is it. Every episode.

Also HDTV does rule.

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 5
Long time Shield fan here so I figured I'd give "The Unit" a watching (same producers, i.e. Shawn Ryan). Watched one episode and I didnt really care for it. The GI JOE + Desperate Housewives description is pretty accurate.

Mar 22, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 5
It's more like a really watered down version of Over There. It's an OK show so far, just sad that this will probably stay on the air while an amazing show like Over There gets cancelled.

This type of thing seems to be happening alot lately, another example would be The Inside and Criminal Minds. Criminal Minds is a decent show but The Inside which came out not long before CM and had a similar basic plot line of FBI profilers tracking serial killers, was soooo much better yet it got cancelled while CM continues on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back