So Who's Getting an iPhone?
Jun 9, 2007 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 257

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Well being a Cingular customer and I'm due for an upgrade, I may look into one. Anybody know anything about the charges for Cingular EDGE service?

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 257
being a long time nextel user for atleast 10 years I know its time for a change cause of sprints drop of nextel.

I will be seriously considering the Iphone but I dont care as much as cost of the phone but the service I will get going threw Cingular.

If the Iphone does half of what the Ipod did for mp3 players then I consider the buy in for me to be a great upgrade over my nextel i930,,

hoping and waiting

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 257
I have not even thoght of it as a MP3 player, just the phone features look awesome. But, hint of new iPods?

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 257
i meant a phone easy to use like the ipod did/does..my i930 takes me 5mins to send a text and that ain't fly with the honeys no-more..not to mention I get text messages like 2 hours after the person sent it....arr

I got one last night "Billy call me i am at the bar..we go out afterwards.."

my bar closes at 4am and I got the text at 5:30am...

Nextel was great then sprint came along, so I need to switch and I think the Ip is for ME

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #7 of 257
Not at the initial price, no. I just used my upgrade to move into a Blackberry 8800, which is fine for me. The iPhone doesn't have any features the 8800 is missing (that I would use anyway). It (the iPhone) has a camera and wifi, 2 things I just don't understand needing in a phone, the 8800 has GPS, and I actually use that. I went over the decision many times, but the 8800 was just a better fit for me.

Edit: on the EDGE plans, don't quote me but rumor mill has it that Cingular/AT&T will require a $30/month add on for the iPhone data (unlimited usage).

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #8 of 257
I don't like the aspect ratio, apparently it isn't full-widescreen. That said, it does look cool, but the price is definitely gonna be a putoff. (they're saying $600 with 2-yr agreement...)

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #9 of 257
My current plan is to resist being an earlier adopter, wait for price to come down a bit, for bugs to be sorted out, then buy in '08.

That said, I think it will be a screaming success.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 257
Technically, Iphone is not impressive. o2 is more advanced
200612191002O2XDA_Atom_live_news.jpg

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #12 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe if it was on t-mobile or verizon. It's known that AT&T/cingular isn't very great

Depends where you live. Over here, verizon and cingular are considered the best providers. (in regards to reception)

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #15 of 257
I was excited about it and genuinely considering it until I found out it was Cingular-only. Interest dropped to zero. I'll wait until the price drops and someone finds out how to hack it for Verizon users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back