So Which Sennheiser...
Mar 27, 2008 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

x-kevin

Head-Fier
hey guys... i've been looking at headphones alot lately cause im in the market for a new pair...

so i want to look at sennheiser... cause i've listened to some of their stuff... and i think it sounds good

so which sennheiser should i chose??

please help me out by voting... and/or telling me what you think

THANKS!!

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 21
i didn't include them because im looking around ~$100 - ~$150

sorry... i know they sound good... i've heard them before
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You did not include the HD595.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaproject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nor the HD555 or 280 Pro.

One would assume that is because he has picked out the models that interest him at his budget. While this makes it difficult for you to then vomit a nomination for the one that you own, or have seen recommended by other people here before and thus can safely regurgitate a nomination for, it's best not to lambaste him for it.

I regret that I cannot help you x-kevin. I have not heard any of them. There may be few people who have.

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaproject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nor the HD555 or 280 Pro.

For your budget, these are the ones you should be looking at. I don't think all that many people will recommend the Senns that you've included in the voting options.

Mar 27, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 21
We don't know....I brought that up as well. I've barely even heard of the Senn's he mentioned actually besides the HD515's.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #10 of 21
ya... well the hd555's are kinda too expensive for me....

i found a good deal on the hd515's... but im not sure there that great...

sorry guys...

your right though... if i had enough money i would include the hd555's and the 280 pro's... cause they are some better stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #11 of 21
You can get a pair of HD 280s for $99 (plus shipping) from Headroom. And if you like open cans, the 555 is worth saving up a few extra bucks. Both of them are Senn's $100 to $180 kings.

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #13 of 21
For the love of your ears do not buy the HD280 Pro, its a horrible sounding headphone in every respect.

Why are you sticking to only sennheiser options?

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While this makes it difficult for you to then vomit a nomination for the one that you own, or have seen recommended by other people here before and thus can safely regurgitate a nomination for, it's best not to lambaste him for it.

Sticky ! (literally)

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #15 of 21
"While this makes it difficult for you to then vomit a nomination for the one that you own, or have seen recommended by other people here before and thus can safely regurgitate a nomination for, it's best not to lambaste him for it."

you can get 555s off of newegg/j&r/amazon for 100 bucks. which is within his range. ive seen the 595s floating around in the for sale section of the forums for 120 shipped. which is also within his range. you can get them new for 160 (10 dollars outside his range).

a friendly reminder to the OP. dont go by prices on the sennheiser website. look around on froogle, ebay, audiogon, headfi sale/trade (first place i always look), newegg and just troll google in general for those headphones. you will find MUCH better and lower prices. for instance, the flagship dynamic senn, the hd 650, is listed as 600 dollars. those can be had new for ~248 + shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back