So which Headphones are u using with Doom 3!
Aug 10, 2004 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Bazooka

New Head-Fier
Yo,

Just wanted to know who is using what with the Awesome Thriller DOoM 3
580smile.gif

Me,i am using the A900's,Totally Superb Experience,much much better then any 5.1 out there :p.

Hehe......

Aug 10, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Would you care to elaborate - how'd you find them?

Err? Sorry about my english, are you asking me how i found them or how i like them?
blink.gif

version 1
I bought these like 2-3 weeks ago here in finland fron local reseller.
www.akiba.fi, costed 169e...they had them in store, and i got them shipped in one day.

version2
AWESOME
biggrin.gif

Really detailed and full range, cannot ask any better sound. Sound position is suberb too, i can easily pinpoint the direction where sound comes etc..

Aug 10, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 30
My only "good" headphone AKG K1000. I'm not too critical on the sound. Game audio is usually too compressed and I just try to ignore the artifacting.

Aug 10, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #12 of 30
Given the lovely nature of the doom3 (the graphics, etc), my poor machine is sounding like a hairdryer. I have oc'd the 9800pro 256 (420 engine/360 mem) to handle the game as well as oc'ing the p4 3ghz to 3.4ghz. I run the mem at 588 fsb (pc1200 rdram). I like how I can cancel or mute most of the fan noise and enjoy the game and then when I am done plug my phones into my ipod and listen to music hehe.

Aug 10, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #13 of 30
I'm using my MDR-F1's... I haven't had a game scare me like this in a long while now.. I'm actually sweating when I play the game... and MDR-F1 at least helps me keep my head cool.. sorta...

I think I should just play the game on mute, actually, might have a heart attack.

Aug 10, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #14 of 30
even though the doctor said i had heart problem and i need to get a pacemaker when i'm older. this game doesnt scare me 'like that kind of scare'. its more of a suprise scar. its fun though.

i'm using my creative labs 4.1 speaker. never played that game make me pay so much attention to noises. as soon as the fireball creature jump out behind me, i turned around and blow his head off.

now, far cry i think is scary. you are placed in a big envoriment with smart creatures that can sneak up on you. they kill you in 2 hits even if you have full armor. its worse at the part when you have no weapon and being chased by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back