So when is apple releasing a 16-32 gig nano?
Jan 29, 2008 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

abitdeef

Formerly known as ihatepopupads
Headphoneus Supremus
I can't see apple letting dap rivals having such a lead in memory size. Even cowon has 16 gig D2- i7. Creative and sandisk have 32.

Jan 29, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Next time they update the iPod nano maybe?

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 6
most likely sometime this summer or Christmas season 2008

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 6
I don't think Apple will release a nano with a 16GB capacity. Why? It might steal customers away from its flagship models, such as the Touch and Classic. I bet that if they do release a 16GB model, it will be priced too close to the Classic to be considered worth getting over the Classic. Just my opinion...

Jan 29, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think Apple will release a nano with a 16GB capacity. Why? It might steal customers away from its flagship models, such as the Touch and Classic. I bet that if they do release a 16GB model, it will be priced too close to the Classic to be considered worth getting over the Classic. Just my opinion...

As a salesman who worked during the 2nd gen. nano and 5.5 gen Ipod, you couldn't sell the 8 gig nano if you threw in your immortal soul. Since they were both priced the same, people picked the 30 gig over the 8 nearly ever time. The only saving grace was people who wanted lots of music on their player, but worked out (since they were worried about a hard drive).

I agree completely. It'll happen next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back