so, whats the final word on the touch SQ ?
Oct 12, 2007 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Aevum

Headphoneus Supremus
we have had several posts about the new ipod generation, going from "you would be better off sticking your headphone jack in a stick of butter" to "its the best thing since kenwood started making daps"

some discussion of the replacement of the wolfson dac with a cirrus logic, and that the touch specificly isnt very good quality, but now with being able to double as a PDA since they cracked the file system and now it allows the use of 3rd party programs, it might be worth it,

so whats the final word on it ?

Oct 12, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 10
I like it, sounds better than my 5g

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we have had several posts about the new ipod generation, going from "you would be better off sticking your headphone jack in a stick of butter" to "its the best thing since kenwood started making daps"

Proof that any comments about sound quality is purely subjective. The only way to know is to do an ABX listening test.

Oct 12, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Proof that any comments about sound quality is purely subjective. The only way to know is to do an ABX listening test.

Keyword listening, iPods are so common and available borrow a friends or goto the apple store and listen to one.

Oct 12, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
most ipods are, but the touch is in short supply, here in spain theres like a 3 week waiting list,

Sorry the ignorance on my part. It sounds as good as a 5G or better.

Oct 12, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #9 of 10
nearly every decent electronics store has ipods on display, and all of them have preloaded music on them so just head to your nearest electronics store with headphones and see for yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back