So what's on the grill?
Jul 4, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #16 of 25
I live in an apartment so no grilling for me.
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #17 of 25
Roast veggies almost every time I fire up the grill. Mostly green and red peppers, onions, mushrooms, and potatoes. Love a good baked tater from the grill also there have been these little tiny red potatoes on sale for a while, I cover them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and course dried garlic and grill until done, wow they're good.
That freshly ground beef sounds great, I know what I am grilling tomorrow.
beerchug.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #18 of 25
Tonight we had pork tenderloins marinated for several hours in molasses, soy, garlic, sambal olek mixture. Then cooked/smoked in the grill on a soaked alder plank. The slices of tenderloin were served with a mango, jalepeno, strawberry, onion, lime juice salsa. Way too delish.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tonight we had pork tenderloins marinated for several hours in molasses, soy, garlic, sambal olek mixture. Then cooked/smoked in the grill on a soaked alder plank. The slices of tenderloin were served with a mango, jalepeno, strawberry, onion, lime juice salsa. Way too delish.

Wow that sounds really good! Question though, what is sambal olek?

Jul 4, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #21 of 25
We sold our grill since we haven't used it in several years. We only grill outdoors when camping. We bought a grill pan a few years ago and grill all year inside.

This 4th will be quiet for us. Easy breakfast, a few hours walking the flea market and then home to put our feet up, relax and catch a movie.

Of course we'll be hearing fireworks during the movie. Even in the rain the people around here are dedicated. Sadly we already saw one ambulance leave our area. I hope it wasn't serious and is the only one this weekend.

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #22 of 25
Tonight:

Korean BBQ
- marinated short ribs cut crosswise marinated in Wong Korean BBQ Sauce
- cabbage kimchi
- pickled radish
- butter lettuce
- fermented soybean paste

Sunday:

Grilled Lamb Steaks
- Cut up boneless leg of lamb into steaks
- Marinate lamb in soy sauce, mustard, lots of garlic, wine, pepper
- Prepare mint, olive oil, garlic, olive tapenade. Serve tapenade on steaks.
- optional, prepare with a rice and ratatouille

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow that sounds really good! Question though, what is sambal olek?

It's a chilli paste you can use it to spice up your cooking.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow that sounds really good!

This is one of those recipes that makes an average cook look like a gourmet chef. Spicy, sweet, sour, salty it's got it all. And pork tenderloin is tender to begin with. When you marinade it for 4 to 6 hours it becomes cut-with-a-fork tender. It is so good that one's satiety mechanism fails and you can't help but overeat. Really. Just don't overcook the tenderloin. When it reaches an internal temp of 150 - 160 take it off the grill and let it sit 10 minutes or so in a tin foil tent before slicing.

Quote:

Question though, what is sambal olek?

It is an Indonesian version of chili paste. Commercial versions are available in oriental food stores in the US. You can read about it here.

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #25 of 25
Tonight was country style ribs marinated in a vinegar based sauce with grilled green peppers, yellow squash and zucchini(tossed in olive oil pepper season salt and garlic powder) it was delish.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back