So, what's new? / Ow my ears.
Aug 11, 2006 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Prairie

New Head-Fier
It's been awhile since i've posted- that's because my SR225's and CMOY amp have kept me entertained with everything i've thrown at them. Everything. They have barely left my ears since i've got them...almost a year ago now.

Until recently.
confused.gif

I don't listen at high levels, at all, and I haven't been listening with any more frequency than I have in the past months but i've noticed that lately the sound doesn't seems as great and my ears are starting to hurt after 20 minutes or so of listening. I'm thinking it's one of two things:

1. The Grado sound is wearing off on me...time to move on and look at something else?

2. I really damaged my ears and need to back off on the music listening some.
eek.gif

Anyone else have this problem after a few months with the Grados?

I've been out of the game for a while, what are the current winners? It looks like the K701 is a dandy can that I may pick up. Maybe I should get something closed to avoid more volume problems in the future, the Ultrasone PROline 650 maybe? I liked what I saw from them in the HeadFi meet thread...

Anyway, it's good to be back (good for me, bad for my wallet).

Philip

Aug 11, 2006 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 4
well grados are definitely known to be ear bleeders.. when i had mine, i bumped it too loud and had tinntinus for about 10 minutes.

grados sound great, but at high volumes, are more detrimental to your ears than regular cans (at least based on what the general consensus of people here say).

Aug 11, 2006 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 4
I've had my MS-1s since mid-march and wear them about three to six hours a day, and haven't had a problem. I try to keep them at a lower level, but with all the kids home from school I've been turning them up a bit for the summer! MS-1s may not have the same kind of treble as the SR-225s though.

Yeah, hanging up the cans for a while may be a good idea, or even getting medical attention. Hope it's nothing serious. Glad you're back though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back