So what headphones do you guys use for movie soundtracks?
Mar 17, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #17 of 22
oh, you're right.  they don't have actual soundtracks to specific movies.  They sell albums based on what kind of feel you want [eg, epic/heroic, fantasy, emotional/beautiful, etc].  I love their Massive Impact series because I like epic powerful music, but they cost a lot.

​

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
They don't seem to offer OSTs exactly, but I might've not looked properly.

What fusionramjet gave you was a link to a sound library, they supply, as he has already said, themed music that is often used for low budget films and adverts.

Original soundtrack recordings is what you are looking for, try Soundtrack.net or just do a search on Amazon for "soundtrack" or "OST." As a suggestion, one of my favourite soundtrack composers is Philip Glass. Take a listen to some of his stuff like Koyaanisqatsi, Kundun or The Hours.

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
What fusionramjet gave you was a link to a sound library, they supply, as he has already said, themed music that is often used for low budget films and adverts.

Original soundtrack recordings is what you are looking for, try Soundtrack.net or just do a search on Amazon for "soundtrack" or "OST." As a suggestion, one of my favourite soundtrack composers is Philip Glass. Take a listen to some of his stuff like Koyaanisqatsi, Kundun or The Hours.

Yes, I've seen that, but I was hoping there was a soundtrack section there. Soundtrack.net seems content rich, but it's an indexing site rather than a store (for some reason I thought that was an online store).

Philip Glass is quite good, I wasn't familiar with his work.

Mar 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #21 of 22
i listen to movie soundtracks all the time - driving anywhere, etc...  i, too, fantasize about being a superhero.

​

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #22 of 22
If you guys want a truly fun experience watch one or more of the Paranormal Activity films with a capable pair of headphones. I used my Grado 325s and it was a blast! I will also throw out a vote for the DT880s...I used those to watch tv shows a few times when my lady friend was sleeping, and it was great. I still can't believe how comfortable those phones are...I liked it so much I sent the 880s back and ordered T1s :)

PS. I'm down with the superhero thing, too....haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back