So, what headphones are we getting for christmas?
Dec 12, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #47 of 52
My little sister (10 yo) is getting a heavily modified set of AKG K26P (thanks jon!) which have been recabled (clear stranded spc), damped, and the akg logos have been replaced by gold plated steel "stickers"(lack of a better word) with a headphone engraving on the left earpiece and a CD engraving on the right side. Took all of 45min to put together when they came in last night ( since I already had everything made). She is going to go nutz. The color scheme is black, silver, and gold all the way through.

She is a bit of a audiophile herself and say that she likes her Cd player more than her iPod because it sounds better. Now she will get something out of that more since she has been using $20 sonies for the last year. Pics of it will be posted at some point.

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #48 of 52
Saving every penny for a w5000. Well new external hard drive then w5000.

One of the few headphones that has "wow"ed me. And one of the few that is still in production/under a grand, so...

Contemplating selling my TV for it too
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have his address?

I have his address...
smile.gif
wink.gif

Julenissen
Savalen
2500 Tynset
Norway

He even have his own hotline. "815 JULENISSE"
Velkommen til Julenissen

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #51 of 52
I hope I'm not getting any headphones this year.

I've bought about all the headphones for myself that i could conceive of needing. I might like an ESP-950 but i don't see myself affording it just yet.

There are some less common headphones that i'd like to own, but they're, less common, and don't turn up for sale often.

I should try to finish my Stacker II prototype amp for xmas.

And finish casing up my M3.

Either of the jobs would be good to see done, really.

The thing is, my friends don't typically exchange gifts. And this year, if they did, it would probably be bowling-related.

My family, despite having known me since the seventies, chronically gives me near misses. They've figured that out, and now try to avoid giving me big ticket near misses. I'm afraid to think what sort of headphone I'd get from them.

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #52 of 52
nothing for me this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back