So, what do I do on my Triport?
Jul 17, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #31 of 48
Thats a dumb idea supermoo. You know where dumb ideas come from? Bose

Jul 17, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #32 of 48
Triports are an intresting beast, in that, it has the color that many people are looking for (the smiley face EQ), so even when a non-audiophile listens to even HD650's, he'll wonder where all the bass went, as well as wonder why the HD650's are so expensive when he gets "more bass" out of his $130 Triports...even if they are tons less accurate.

Anyone ever hook up triports to a GOOD amp? Like an Xp, Hornet, Aria, Slam, etc? What was the sound? Maybe it really cleans them up
tongue.gif

Jul 17, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #33 of 48
Someone might want to recable their Triports. If I had a pair, I'd send 'em to Moon Audio or APureSound and see what they can do. Recabling works wonders on some headphones and considering how puny the Triport stock cable is, who knows what a nice SPC cable might do?

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #34 of 48
i never knew there was so much hate for Bose, never bought any of the headphones, only ones i knew bose made were those anti-noise ones, which were the only ones i considered to be honest.

mind you, can't be all bad since they are relatively cheap.

if you don't want 'em pass em to me, can use them during parties when the bring out the god awful karaoke machine.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #35 of 48
Can you imagine, darthed, ALO'd Triports?

Yummy...lol.

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #36 of 48
that makes me want to vomit. The triports sound good if you are expecting non flat sound on most music... all headp;hoens have flaws on some genre or another

Jul 18, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #37 of 48
I'd recommend recabling them with some Nordost Odin and of course installing a new jack. The Triports require a nice clean signal path to sound their best, and the only cable suitable for the job is the Odin (or perhaps Valhalla if you want to save some cash).

Go team Bose!

tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #39 of 48
I think you should try the duct tape mod, then try to switch out the drivers and do a recable. Fix em up and stick some fake woodies to the sides. Come to a meet and try to make them the FOTM!

Jul 18, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone ever hook up triports to a GOOD amp? Like an Xp, Hornet, Aria, Slam, etc? What was the sound? Maybe it really cleans them up
tongue.gif

My father loves his triports for some reason, so I tried them in my SOHA, which has a really pleasing warm and tubey sound with my MS2i.

With the amp, the triports sounded like the bass was bouncing off the back wall of an auditorium before it reached my ears.

Jul 19, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #42 of 48
wow old thread.

I listen to some triports at bestbuy one time. Very comfortable! sound was ok... until I looked at the price! I thought for $10, sure I can see that... but to charge $150+/- for that is insane!

You should preform the microwave mod to them, or the hammer mod.

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #44 of 48
okay, kind of silly...but here goes...

My two pair of headphones are the Triports and the Audio Technica W5000's. While it is completely unfair to compare the two, I do see why there is such a market for the Triports. Consumers aren't given a choice between the Bose and Grado on the shelf at BestBuy. Most people know Bose but have never heard of other, higher sound/build quality brands. Bose floods the market with advertising and is after a different market than Head-Fiers (notice they don't sponsor the site). Most people think they are really getting something special with Bose...I knew I was settling when I bought my Triports. At the time I had no internet access, no credit card, and no retailers with a better offering...so I ended up with Triports...but I was the only homeless guy with Triports (lol).

Again, Bose has its place in the market..mass production for the masses.

Love my W5000's and have not used my Triports since the new purchase, but because of the sound isolation they offer and the "decent" (though not accurate sound) I may occasionally use them on the go to shut out the world...until the upgrade bug gets me and I buy some K701's or Dt880's...probably both.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #45 of 48
I live in Germany and have seen a Triport a grand total of one time. It was (shockingly) broken and hanging like a brown banana from a Bose CD player. The demo racks at the Best Buy type stores are full of Senns, Beyers, AKGs and such. Only problem is I have never even touched a Grado.

too bad the Triport headbands break. It would make such a cute headband for a special little girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back