So what Audio Drivers should I be using?
Sep 3, 2004 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spitzfiya

Head-Fier
Ive been having problems with Audio drivers Lately...

I have a MSI K7N2 Delta-L Motherboard with Onboard Realtek ALC650 6-Channel Audio and I have no F-in clue which Audio Drivers I should be using
rolleyes.gif

The fact is...THEY ALL SUCK!!!
redface.gif

wdm_a362 (Latest Realtek AC97 Drivers):
- In ut2004 this driver has absolutly amazing positioning effects but it sounds very tinny and mechanical.
- In Foobar this Driver sounds excellent
- In Winamp this Driver sounds excellent

Nvidia nForce2 Win2K/XP driver package Audio driver 4.08 (Latest version From MSI's Website):
- In ut2004 this driver sounds a little to bright, the highs are somewhat raspy, and there is lack of bass.
- In Foobar this Driver sounds somewhat weak
- In Winamp this Driver sounds excellent

Nvidia nForce2 Win2K/XP driver package Audio driver 4.31 (Latest Version From nVidia):
- In UT2004 this Driver sounds excellent, but buzzes and crackles can be heard in the background and on menu clicks.
- In Foobar this Driver sounds excellent
- In Winamp there is a slight buzzing on eithier side.

Nvidia nForce2 Win2K/XP driver package Audio driver 3.06 (From my Motherbaord CD)
- In UT2004 this Driver is excellent and has lots of bass but everything sounds kind of dull in the midrange and highs department.
- In Foobar this Driver Blue screens when using Kernal Streaming.
- In Winamp this driver sounds excellent

Any ideas so i can start enjoying my Audio?
280smile.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 3
First of all your using, onboard sound, so you'll in all likely hood have a problem with the sound in one way or the other. I suggest getting a chaintech AV-710 over at newegg.com, it's only $25 supposedly sounds great, just about any soundcard will be an improvement over realtek.'

If you choose to use onboard, and I strongly suggest you don't, because realteks generally sound bad, I would go to the msi drivers site below, and choose the realtek drivers (second from the top of the list).

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...=3&CHIP=3&ID=1

Sep 4, 2004 at 12:55 AM Post #3 of 3
Wow, Those drivers also blow! Its amazing how horrible all those drivers were! Thanks for the help anyways. LOL, Now I know why i always see people buy a seperate soundcard with a new system even tho its got onboard audio.

Looks like im off to get the chaintech AV-710, I found it locally for cheap cheap!
icon10.gif

I really thought there wasn't much to a soundcard....Meh, whatever sounds good through my HD-497s ill keep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back