So what are you spending on Valentines Day.
Feb 10, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #31 of 53
I'll probably spring for about $300 and get her the AKG K701's I've always wanted.....
eek.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #34 of 53
Nada. I spent far too much on the wife at christmas. I will probably weaken and get her some flowers.

cheers
Simon

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #35 of 53
taking my girl to see cirque du soleil and a nice dinner afterwards. it's going to cost a bundle and i'm still hurting from christmas but i want to do something special for her this year as she did something really special for me last year.

i agree that this is a holiday that just makes guys feel guilty and girls unappreciated. if a couple is really connected with each other, there is no reason to celebrate their love on a specific date. they can do it anytime they want. it's hard to fight the commercial aspects of valentines tho.

Feb 11, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #38 of 53
I have a soccer game in the evening, Lost at night, and studying for a midterm in the wee hours of the morning planned for Valentine's Day. Thankfully, this is the first year in a while that I'm single for Valentine's Day (denial's a powerful thing... haha)

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #39 of 53
"2 months pay for 1 night's lay."I was 22 once
cool.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #40 of 53
$60 + $30 (total) in flowers for mom and gf. I didn't set it up this way but my family happens to be in town that weekend and we are all going to see "the lion king" so I will pass that off as a valentines day gift. Muwahahah.... and no, I don't feel guilty, the holiday should about feeling good with your significant other, and I think we will both have fun. Its win-win really.

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #42 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by SenjStevo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends how much this costs. I'm not gonna pay for her though, we always split the cost accept on birthdays. As for presents, i hadn't really thought about it, the hate the whole idea of buying stuff for no need and that includes Christmas and especially Valentines. Its a waste of money if you ask me, and it's all about making guys feel guilty and girls feel unappreciated when their man doesn't care about some arbitrary day, that has no real significance.

The Omnivore tasting menu sounds delicious! As does pretty much everything on the menu, and the prices are much less than what you would pay for a similar meal here (Midwest US.) BTW, that is great, going "Dutch" I believe the term is. I think the idea of the male being the one financially responsible for all holidays is not at all sane. I think that the gift giving should be spontaneous and year round, if you choose to give at all. For all the people that can't afford to keep up with the Joneses at Christmastime or any holiday, you have many people (children and adults alike) that are disappointed or feel guilty or many more who go into debt just to make others happy, all the while they are jepordizing their future stability.

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #43 of 53
I am going to go to a party, hook up with some girl, and get drunk off my ass on friday because my friend is turning 21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back