So what are you giving up for lent?
Feb 10, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I eat brown rice.

-Ed

i'm giving up brown rice. only green for me!

Feb 10, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I will give up saving.

Goodbye wallet, hello head-fi!

Haha nice. Unfortunately for me, I don't have any money to save, therefore no money to stop saving. I dream of the day where I can give up on saving and splurge responsibly... an oxymoron? I think not!

Feb 10, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #20 of 30
I'm giving up mocking my Catholic friends for practicing Lent. Nah...

very_evil_smiley.gif

[size=xx-small]Before anyone yells, I mean mocking in a light hearted manner. I make fun of their gay priests, their constantly dying popes, and so on. They aren't actually offended.[/size]

Feb 10, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #23 of 30
I still dont understand the whole idea of lent. Why try to emulate what Christ did at one point of his life? He suffered for everybody else, he didn't suffer so everybody else could too!

Being the jewish kid, the only thing I'm giving up is making fun of my Christian friends this week
tongue.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #24 of 30
I'm giving up eating out at expensive places. This for financial reasons other than Lent itself.

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #25 of 30
Uh, what's lent? Maybe I'll go look it up in Wikipedia.

But I'm not giving up anything for a holiday that I don't even know anything about and seems to be Catholic, and given that I'm not even Christian that automatically precludes me from doing anything related to it.

Feb 11, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #26 of 30
I gave up dealing with idiots.

i know,it is supposed to be something that hurts,something you like but i figure like this :

I have been babysitting fools since i was a teen.

Protecting my buddies that got mouthy and were in over their head

Dealing with funtional illiterates that had to be pointed in the right direction fully locked and loaded when i was in charge of a rifle squad

crew cheif or foreman of every job i ever had until i decided to work for myself,then

dealing with full grown men who wear their heart on thier sleeve and bring their home life baggage to work (can't stand cry babies,especially full grown babies
rolleyes.gif
)

yeah....I think maybe i will cut all the "should not be allowed to breed" out for a time.Kinda do some "culling" of the heard.
if they can't make it alone then maybe it is nature telling them something........
tongue.gif

Actually-lent means nothing compared to "once upon a time" when i had as my goal in life to become either a missionary or a priest !

no crap !

Six years of Catholic School,

Two St.Mary's-Greenwich Ct (Greenwich Ave.)

Two ST. Johns- White Plains NY (right by the police station)

Two St.Josephs Danbury Ct (right on Main Street)

I know we have members from those areas so i added in the details to prove i am not making this up
tongue.gif

So headed for "god's work" and ?

...then I was tempted by the apple so the rest is history......
cool.gif

that "tree of knowledge" is tough to walk away from
cool.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bootman
I'll give the the hope that this thread won't be locked/deleted/whatever by week's end.
(since this is a banned topic!)

well, i guess i didn't think about it too hard. to me the question is like, "what did you get for christmas?"

as for what's lent? it's the time between ash wednesday and easter that you give something up and don't eat meat on fridays. why it's done? hey man, i just work here.

Feb 11, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #28 of 30
I am not religious at all, but I think that I am going to try to give up listening to music.

I was originally trying to think of some kind of food, but there isn't really anything that I eat a lot of because I like it. There are some things that I eat frequently because they are healthy or cheap, but I don't want the holiday of a religion that I am not part of to get in the way of my health or finances. So then I realized that music was something that I enjoyed frequently (I listen to music for about two or three hours a day on average). And so now I haven't listened to anything for a couple days now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back