So what are the latest budget headphones people are fawning over?
Jan 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #17 of 58
I am wondering about budget headphones and I have had those, they didnt blow me away and thought my JVC HARX700s or Audiotechnicas were as good, especially considering the price.  I would never spend a bunch on headphones when I can get good sound for way less.

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #21 of 58
Quote:
I am wondering about budget headphones and I have had those, they didnt blow me away and thought my JVC HARX700s or Audiotechnicas were as good, especially considering the price.  I would never spend a bunch on headphones when I can get good sound for way less.

Why? A Hifiman HE400(thats another) would destroy your M50's.

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #22 of 58
LOL, It's funny when the new crowd lists stuff that's been around for years.  It's good tho, people are trying "New stuff" now the journey begins.

The sony V6 have been around for years, I've got a 10+ yr old set out in the Garage.
The Cals have been around for a few years as well, Same as the DT770, likewise M50's

For new flavors.

The JVC s400/s500
Takstar pro 80/ HI2050
Somic's - a few different ones
Monoprice-
Superlux- A few different ones
Koss DJ100/TBSE
(These are the newest Budget beater sets, most mentioned)

Sennheiser has a few newer cans, the 400 series has been updated, Also the 500 series.
You've got Hifiman with a few offerings.
Beyer has a few new ones-COP and 32 ohm DT770 LE
Logictech has a new line
Brainwavz/ several rebrands
AT has a few new ones coming, And you got the X versions.
AKG has a few new offerings

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff, but it's a start!!!

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #27 of 58
Quote:
Quote:
Why? A Hifiman HE400(thats another) would destroy your M50's.

Because the sound I get out of cheap headphones is good enough to me.  I drive a Honda Civic and am happy with it when I can get much better cars, same thing

Well, I didn't know your budget. Then maybe the CAL's?

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #28 of 58
Quote:
LOL, It's funny when the new crowd lists stuff that's been around for years.  It's good tho, people are trying "New stuff" now the journey begins.

The sony V6 have been around for years, I've got a 10+ yr old set out in the Garage.
The Cals have been around for a few years as well, Same as the DT770, likewise M50's

Probably because the CAL and DT770 are good headphones and have stood the "test of time"....

The M50 however are overhyped and not that great IMO.... One person buys them as first headphones compared to rubbish ones.. reviews them and hypes them up... Someone else does the same... And the overblown hype train begins.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #29 of 58
JVc HA-S500, Takstar, Superlux, Philips.and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back