So what about these panasonic digital amps...
Feb 22, 2005 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TheMuffinMan_01

500+ Head-Fier
im going to get energy c-3's and im wondering what amp to buy. i have heard some things about these panny amps, how much are they, which one is best, and where do i buy them? are any of them in the 200 dollar range? also, what kind of speaker wire am i going to need? what is some good cheap stuff to put together this setup? its going from my CE775>Panny amp>C-3's. ive never done any speaker stuff before, thanks much.

Feb 22, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #2 of 8
The XR-45 is the best of the bunch but hard to get your hands on since it's discontinued. It was also around $450, as is the XR-70 now. The XR-50 is msrp $300. That's probably the only one you can get around your budget if you shop around unless you can find an XR-25, which is also discontinued. It's generally accepted that the old 25 and 45 are superior respectively to the 50 and 70.

Btw, the emu1212m is much better than the ce775...just some food for thought. The bass is tighter, and it has more finesse and detail.

Feb 22, 2005 at 4:05 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
The XR-45 is the best of the bunch but hard to get your hands on since it's discontinued. It was also around $450, as is the XR-70 now. The XR-50 is msrp $300. That's probably the only one you can get around your budget if you shop around unless you can find an XR-25, which is also discontinued. It's generally accepted that the old 25 and 45 are superior respectively to the 50 and 70.

Btw, the emu1212m is much better than the ce775...just some food for thought. The bass is tighter, and it has more finesse and detail.

yeah but the emu is for computers, and the ce775 is a five disk sacd player that i already have
tongue.gif
and more importantly,

Does anyone have a source to buy the xr45 that will ship to canada, or a place in toronto to buy?

Feb 22, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 8
So im thinking of picking up the XR50 for about 250 american, but i was talking to Tomek and he says he had that but it buzzed or hissed or made some bad noise... and now he has the XR10. with an xr50 am i likely going to get a hissy one?

Feb 22, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 8
I was thinking of getting an XR50 too. You might want to buy from say FutureShop, the price is of course higher but you are guaranteed that you can exchange it if you get a hissy one, or you can return it if you don't like it.

Feb 22, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan_01
Does anyone have a source to buy the xr45 that will ship to canada, or a place in toronto to buy?

I'm pretty sure I saw one at the BestBuy near Sherway Gardens, I can't quite remember if it was an XR25 or 45.

Feb 22, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 8
While I've heard the analog inputs are much better in the XR50/70 than the previous XR25/45, wouldn't the SACD capabilities of the CE775 be compromised by going through the Panasonic's A/D conversion?

One more thing, and being an owner of the Energy C-3 myself, the speaker does dip into 4 ohms on certain frequencies, which may be an issue with the Panasonic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back