So what about the Koss PRO4AAAT?
Jun 12, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sade
Has anybody actually heard the Koss PRO4AAAT yet (new product)?

I asked that two days ago, and noone did. As soon as I get the money, I will try them out.

Jun 22, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 15
I received the same deal on my email today, is there any member that had tried those yet?

They look very nice and the construction seems to be top notch, I still have a pair of CD3000 drivers and I was wondering (????
very_evil_smiley.gif
) Brain surgery, for $100.00 they seem to offer a nice enclosure at least....very solid....for mods...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 22, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
I received the same deal on my email today, is there any member that had tried those yet?

They look very nice and the construction seems to be top notch, I still have a pair of CD3000 drivers and I was wondering (????
very_evil_smiley.gif
) Brain surgery, for $100.00 they seem to offer a nice enclosure at least....very solid....for mods...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Good lord, you could at least try them before you start dissecting them.
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
Good lord, you could at least try them before you start dissecting them.
wink.gif

Honestly other than the Portapros, my main headphones for protable use, I have lost faith in Koss sounding quality long time ago...I wish they could come out with something really nice sounding, as their warranty is unbeatable...IMO if they are able to produce any decent sounding can, for the hi-end market, honestly I will see the future of other brands really dark...Imagine to have a R-10, or a CD3000, or an HD650/600 with lifetime warranty no questions asked!!!!! OMG!!!!

IMO they will displace ALL OF THE COMPETITORS, and just becasue of that lifetime warranty alone....the main problem is that you can't get both...

Jun 22, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Honestly other than the Portapros, my main headphones for protable use, I have lost faith in Koss sounding quality long time ago...I wish they could come out with something really nice sounding, as their warranty is unbeatable...IMO if they are able to produce any decent sounding can, for the hi-end market, honestly I will see the future of other brands really dark...Imagine to have a R-10, or a CD3000, or an HD650/600 with lifetime warranty no questions asked!!!!! OMG!!!!

IMO they will displace ALL OF THE COMPETITORS, and just becasue of that lifetime warranty alone....the main problem is that you can't get both...

Because everyone knows that high end headphones blow out and snap in half all the time.......
wink.gif
Seriously though, that should make next to no difference in how well a headphone sells, unless your talking about a piece like the Bose QC2

Jun 22, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellacious D
Because everyone knows that high end headphones blow out and snap in half all the time.......
wink.gif
Seriously though, that should make next to no difference in how well a headphone sells, unless your talking about a piece like the Bose QC2

We have had problems here with almost every single heapdhone, drivers went bad, and associated repairs, we tried an amp and it blows a driver, specially in this world where we have areconstantly changing and trying new devices and some of them DIY gear, and even on commercial porducts, I know that for sad experience and from other members sad experiences...Including blown R-10, Edition 7, high end Grados, K-1000, Senns, Beyers, etc....a mistake is usually fatal in heapdhones, a fall, any accident, etc...also any could result in a lemon once in a while...Also they deteriorate overtime too...pads, headbands, cables, etc..just to mention one, the R-10 pads are hipper expensive, almost the cost of another high end heapdhone, if you can get them free...that is a relief for sure!!!!

How many times we have seen here heapdhones in need of a replacement driver, or any other part...those high-end new drivers and parts are not really cheap at all, and those companies charge very well for labor, so IMO a lifetime warranty is a no brainer a win win situation for a heapdhone owner...

Jun 22, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

A lifetime warranty is useful as long as the company remains in business or doesn't get bought and renamed. A lifetime warranty for high end cans is probably not profitable (hard too stay in business without a profit) unless they way overprice the product or make it bullet proof.

A&B Sound in Vancouver, Canada said they stopped carrying KOSS because they had to pay one
full time employee just to service the KOSS warranties.

Jun 22, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Sade
A lifetime warranty is useful as long as the company remains in business or doesn't get bought and renamed. A lifetime warranty for high end cans is probably not profitable (hard too stay in business without a profit) unless they way overprice the product or make it bullet proof.

A&B Sound in Vancouver, Canada said they stopped carrying KOSS because they had to pay one
full time employee just to service the KOSS warranties.

Have you ever held a koss headphone? They are built like tanks. The only way to break it is if you beat the crap out of it. I'm a little confused about a store having to service KOSS warranties. Did they ship out customers phones for them? I mean it's not hard to put headphones in a box with 7$ and ship them to Wisconsin.

Jun 22, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Have you ever held a koss headphone? They are built like tanks. The only way to break it is if you beat the crap out of it. I'm a little confused about a store having to service KOSS warranties. Did they ship out customers phones for them? I mean it's not hard to put headphones in a box with 7$ and ship them to Wisconsin.

They claimed that customers would bring in the "worn-out" KOSS headphones
and they (A&B SOUND) would fill out "paper work" (?) and send them to KOSS.
KOSS would then "refurbish"/ exchange them and send them back to A&B SOUND for the customer to pick up later. Supposedly the customer didn't have to pay any shipping fees or fill out paperwork. I know it sounds
strange but that's what the store manager said when I asked him why
they didn't carry KOSS anymore. Since then, A&B SOUND was sold to new
owners (the name was kept the same) who still won't carry KOSS.

And on top of that various other stores say that KOSS isn't represented
"distributed" well (if at all) in CANADA. I haven't seen any new KOSS
stuff on the shelves here in years. Just very old discontinued KOSS products
mostly.

Jun 22, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #12 of 15
I don't think traditional headphone makers like the international scene that much
tongue.gif
. And that whole warrenty thing sounds like it was more of the store's poor management fault then Koss's.

Jan 3, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #13 of 15
Koss' warranty is a contract WITH THE CUSTOMER! Customers shouldn't have been returning the 'phones to the store, and the store should never have gotten involved in the process (outside of say the 30 day exchange policy). Sounds like b.s. to me. I have owned MANY Koss 'phones through the years, and hadn't thought about it, but the only pair that ever stopped working was my Pro4AAs that I owned in the 70s (then, as now, I worked in radio, using 'phones HARD!) This was the days before Koss advertised a "lifetime warranty", but one night after I got off the air, I placed my headphones on top of my car, while I put something else inside. I forgot the 'phones were there, and drove away. When I came back later, my Koss were in the middle of the street, and had been run over. No matter, Koss replaced them. FREE OF CHARGE! That says a helluva lot about Koss. They are TRULY a customer's best friend, and I try to return that generosity with my business whenever possible. I own other brands of 'phones, of course. I am a headphone junkie. But I'll ALWAYS give new Koss models a listen!

Jan 4, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #14 of 15
Hell, Koss will very often go a far distance to help out with their headphones, even if you are not the original owner. I came across a very beat up pair of KSC35 with the drivers still intact that I picked up. One clip was missing, the other was broken and the covers that cover the solder joints had pretty much disintegrated away. I replaced the clips with the headband mod that's floating around, but had nothing I could do with the solder covers. I e-mailed Koss and explained the situation as well as asked for the part number so I could order a couple, and got no response. 10 days later, a little package showed up at my door step with a pair of the covers, and e-mail came through from Koss Customer Service saying that the covers were on their way. It was incredible and something I never expected, but very much appreciated.

Jan 4, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #15 of 15
MV-1, probably using same driver of AAAT, sound worse than RP-21....
AAAT is still open one.... but I don't think it will give good sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back