So, the S9 gave out. What's the go-to right now?
Apr 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

HK47

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, so the power-button jumped out (i've had to start the S9 using a paper-clip) 
This can be solved by ordering a new plastic button for 14 euro, but the player has seen it's battles and has started to get in a bit of a bad cosmetical shape so i'm thinking it's time to get a new one.

I really loved the S9, it was a great player.

The phones i'm running portably right now is the AIAIAI TMA-1 (i've sold off all my other phones except the D2000, that is how much i love the sound of the AIAIAI) and i'm using the player daily. 

Never felt the need for an amp with the S9 as it's a very powerfull player in itself. 

Oh, and long time no see. (Got into lurker mode once again as i spent my money on more utilitarian stuff, like kitchen-knives for work.) 

I'm thinking of keeping myself at around 300 bucks. That is the price of the J3 32gb in Sweden. (But really, i've been fine with 8gb. But it's like a 10 buck difference between the 16 and the 32 gb.)

A bit more is okay, a bit less is okay. As long as i get my moneys worth!
Also, buying used is no problem. I prefer it as it gives me more bang for the buck, so i'm checking through the BST

// Daniel from cold old Sweden. (Seriously, we got snow - now. Just when spring started to come around and the ramsons started growing)

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 5
I haven't heard anything that sounds quite like a Cowon with EQ settings turned on. The J3 is probably your best bet at the moment, as it is reliable and does what it does quite well. If you feel the need for something fancier with internet connectivity, perhaps you could try the Android players by Cowon. (I've been sticking with my Cowon S9 32GB, and don't feel a need to upgrade until the time I need a phone, and find one that sounds as good.)

Apr 7, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #3 of 5
I haven't heard good stuff about the D3, i love the looks of it, and it would have been a great player.. but the software is said to be horrible.

I'm looking around for alternatives to the J3, but it seems to be going that way. Because i love Cowon, and because i can get it in 1-2 days here, instead of tormenting myself waiting for a package.

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I haven't heard good stuff about the D3, i love the looks of it, and it would have been a great player.. but the software is said to be horrible.

I'm looking around for alternatives to the J3, but it seems to be going that way. Because i love Cowon, and because i can get it in 1-2 days here, instead of tormenting myself waiting for a package.

Why not just get a Cowon D2(+) and Rockbox it? Cheap, same sound you're used to, Rockbox, SD card support for cheap storage, stellar build quality... Or do you want something flashy? :wink:

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Why not just get a Cowon D2(+) and Rockbox it? Cheap, same sound you're used to, Rockbox, SD card support for cheap storage, stellar build quality... Or do you want something flashy? :wink:

I am a bit of a.. whachamacall it. Stuff-geek. I got the J3 and i love it.. it's basically precisely the same in every single way, but with a faster and more gorgeous UI. And a decent speaker so i can use it at work.

The D2 looks a bit too oldschool for me. It's a great player and all, i'm just a damaged soul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back