So the more post you have = more expensive rig?
Jun 29, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #16 of 47
At my current posting rate and frequency of upgrades, I'll have a pair of Qualia 010 at around 30,000 posts. Then another 10,000 for that £££ source and 10,000 more posts for £££ amping
redface.gif

I voted for 1 btw.

Jun 29, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #17 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted for #3.
plainface.gif

That's just silly talk; It's going to skewer up his results
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #19 of 47
There seems to be quite a range of post count for the truly top notch systems. There have been quite a few threads where somebody with 10 posts has a major system simply cause they have tons of money to spend and were here just long enough to find out what the "best" was, and was never heard from again.

Then there are those at the other end of the scale who have the mega counts and have a great system bought piece by piece over the years through sale and resale and trial and error and are having so much more fun within the hobby, and perhaps even leading the hobby, than the guy who buys the complete mega system right off the shelf on a whim and just places it in his home perhaps as a showpiece only to impress his friends.

Jun 29, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I vote for number one.

No you didn't!

/I feel a purchace coming on...

Jun 29, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #26 of 47
There's probably a weak correlation on the order of .10 - .15.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveheadphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm bucking the trend... just don't look at my join date.

Great point -- there's probably a much stronger correlation with join date than with post count.

Jun 29, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's probably a weak correlation on the order of .10 - .15.

Great point -- there's probably a much stronger correlation with join date than with post count.

So the longer you've been around the lighter your wallet?

Jun 29, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #28 of 47
My rig is more expensive than yours. In fact, my rig is so expensive, most of the gear I own doesn't even exist...
wink.gif

(my real rig is in my profile)

Jun 29, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #29 of 47
More posts implies more time spent on Head-Fi, which naturally means more money spent towards gear. There are always exceptions at both ends (people with a lot of posts and relatively low-fi gear, and people with barely any posts and ultra high-end gear).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back