so the DAC did make a difference
Nov 3, 2006 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kukrisna

100+ Head-Fier
hrmm interesting...

i didnt know what a difference the DAC (Entech Number Cruncher 203.2) made in my system until i tonight when i switched back to my MDR7506 b/c my roomate is sleeping

i guess because I never used the K501 with crappier sources (always off the Entech), but i did with the MDR7506

so that's a relief because i wasn't sure how much a difference the DAC was making

Nov 3, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 5
It made a pretty big difference for me, too. I love the sound of my system now
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 5
I always say that it's easier to perceive changes in your system through downgrades, rather than upgrades. If you are ever in doubt, trying knocking out a few components or replacing them with lesser ones, and hopefully the differences shine through. If they don't, well... :S

Nov 3, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 5
Good to hear a DAC improves the 501! I just got a 501, plugged it into my HR amp....and was dissapointed (maybe I'm just so used to Sennheisers). Know I should be working on my source equipment. I'll give em another try when I get myself that Zhaolu DAC I've been thinking about!

Nov 4, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #5 of 5
Should be rephrased as Good to hear a better DAC improves the 501! Everyone has a DAC already somewhere in their system. The question is only if the new on is better or worse than the old one
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back