So Speaking of Vintage Equipment
Jun 20, 2006 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

utarch00

500+ Head-Fier
I have an opportunity to get a McIntosh MA6100 for a good deal. Half of what most of them are going for on ebay. Mainly it would be apart of my vinyl rig.

Does anyone know about this piece. When I heard the words "old McIntosh", I quickly thought tubes, but I have since found out that it is solid state. Also, does anyone know about its headphone out.

Jun 21, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 5
If you can get the McIntosh MA6100 for half the usual going rate and it is in good condition, do it. McIntosh is a fantasic piece of vintage electronics. I would wager to guess that the headphone output will be outstanding. Even if it isn't you will never lose money on a McIntosh.

- augustwest

Jun 21, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Have you had the amp checked out or heard it? Is there a warranty? It is a 30+ year old SS amp, so transistors may not be around for repair.
the headphone out is probably designed to drive fairly high impedance phones so should be fairly powerfull. Could be a good deal.

Jun 21, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 5
The guy that I might buy this from is currently using it and wants to upgrade to a surround reciever. So I said that I would take it off his hands. He said that there is no problems with it, but I have not seen or heard it yet.

Jun 21, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by utarch00
The guy that I might buy this from is currently using it and wants to upgrade to a surround reciever. So I said that I would take it off his hands. He said that there is no problems with it, but I have not seen or heard it yet.

Nashivll eh? Im here visiting m aunt at Vanderbelt. Are their any good shops around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back