So Sexy! oooohhh! (56k warning)
Jun 21, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #16 of 37
I was thinking of several colors for the grills. I had lime green and a dark blue set of spray cans, but I thought the Yellow would really set them off. IDK, all I gotta due is whip out the sand paper agian and re-paint if I wish.
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #19 of 37
I like them better now than in the nude, wish I had some HPs I could paint... Personally, I'm pretty disappointed with most of the cans currently out there, esp. the likes of SA-5000s and other headphone designs FROM THE FUTURE!!!

Jun 21, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #21 of 37
I dont like it personally dude, I think it might have worked better with a different shade of yellow, something less dirty-sawdust. But if you like it, thats it, thats all that matters, be happy with your power of yellow!

Jun 21, 2006 at 12:09 PM Post #23 of 37
Yup......I'm wondering what My new RS-2s will look like with yeller 414s, like on my MS-1s also!!

Fun hobby. We can do whatever we like to mod our own equipment!! We only have to please ourselves.

.......I LIKE the yellow!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Screw all them , I like the new yellow look.
tongue.gif

That's what I'm saying!
tongue.gif

Jun 21, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #27 of 37
Look closer, If my eyes aren't deceiving me, he painted more than just the grills. He went crazy with some black paint as well (Krylon fusion maybe?). I can only assume/hope that you took the drivers out and '3D' wings apart and put them in a safe place prior to the paint job? If I was gonna go as far as you did (which I never would) I would have opted for flames painted on the grills, or perhaps some scary looking monster eyeballs, or maybe even an '8-ball' design. Or perhaps the ultimate in a mindf*#k, a Trompe L'oeil looking set of ears.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Although the paint job looks like you did an ok job, I am not a fan of painting headphones. I think it is a travesty to do so. ;( The Grado BLING paintjob nearly made me cry.

With that said, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of them as long as you like the way they look! You have bigger balls than I do, I wouldn't ever think of doing something like that to a pair of headphones.

Jun 21, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #28 of 37
I did take them apart piece by piece, and removed the wing and ear pads. I put some plastic wrap between the ear cup housing and the driver unit too. Wrapped scotch tape around the grey bands on the top and silver knobs so they wouldnt get touched. And it was Krylon brand black paint.

So I did try to keep things fairly clean. Oh, and when I put them back together my left driver wasnt working at first! A simple solder of the white wire fixed that.

The most annoying/time consuming thing was putting those darn velour earpads back on! Took longer than anything else.

Jun 21, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
blink.gif

I must say I prefer the original colour scheme, that yellow is scary looking!

+1.The look is too much i think but to each his own
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back