So...Recommendations?
Oct 23, 2014 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Loga

New Head-Fier
Okay so at this point I'm a little out of my element here, I consider myself to be a decent shopper and I usually find good stuff but I must just have really bad luck with headsets because i haven't found one that has lasted me more than three months, so at this point I am, as the title implies, looking for recommendations for YET another new head set, something VERY durable preferably with a braided Kevlar cord and total metal construction, for instance the last headset I bought was the Razer black shark it has a full metal construction with leather head band and leather-and-memory-foam ear cups. That particular head set lasted from August 11 to October 22, because the cord got a short in it, being a simple soft rubber thing, of course it was. The headset previous to that was a Sony pulse elite edition which cracked right above the right ear cup and lasted from about June 8th to August the 9th . the previous to that was the sony wireless stereo headset, the bluetooth connector broke when i accidentally dropped it, that lasted from roughly March the 21st to April the 29th. In any case I believe I have given enough examples to...state my situation, I'm looking for something with supreme durability and something I can wear for most of the day (or at the very least a large portion of it.) it needs over the ear cups, basically I just want a comfortable headset I can own rather than rent. (I'm willing to drop up to 250 bucks on a headset like that.) Serious props to someone who can hit the target dead center, if you know what I mean.

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 10
  it's a mixture of at home and out walking and on the bus.

Ehh that's rough

To start with I don't recommend walking with headphones on, you might be mugged... as for on the Bus I used to wear them like that all da time! 

Though... honestly Try a Beyerdyanmic DT 770, I wanna say they are around $200 ish dollars even right now, a Fiio E11k Amplfier will also be needed to get them to sufficent volumes out of your Phone or Computer or TV, but BeyerDynamic headphones are built like tanks and they sound good 

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 10
  Ehh that's rough

To start with I don't recommend walking with headphones on, you might be mugged... as for on the Bus I used to wear them like that all da time! 

Though... honestly Try a Beyerdyanmic DT 770, I wanna say they are around $200 ish dollars even right now, a Fiio E11k Amplfier will also be needed to get them to sufficent volumes out of your Phone or Computer or TV, but BeyerDynamic headphones are built like tanks and they sound good 

ok well I took a look at the headset and the last time I bought a plastic set they never lasted more than a couple of months (if that.) as for walking with them...I live in a pretty decent area and if i'm going to get mugged it'll happen with or without a headset on, so I might as well listen to some decent tunes while I hand over my wallet. Also i probably should have said as much but i'm looking for a gaming headset more than anything, but i figured my examples would illustrate that point.

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 10

ok well I took a look at the headset and the last time I bought a plastic set they never lasted more than a couple of months (if that.) as for walking with them...I live in a pretty decent area and if i'm going to get mugged it'll happen with or without a headset on, so I might as well listen to some decent tunes while I hand over my wallet. Also i probably should have said as much but i'm looking for a gaming headset more than anything, but i figured my examples would illustrate that point.

Well for Gaming the Beyerdynamic DT 990 is a good choice, but it's an open back so sound comes in and out

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 10
  Well for Gaming the Beyerdynamic DT 990 is a good choice, but it's an open back so sound comes in and out

Still not so crazy on the plastic construction, it just feels flimsy to me, some plastic sets that I've had that don't look dissimilar to that set haven't lasted much longer than a month.

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #8 of 10
I don't know what you do to the headset before, but either beyerdynamic is a brand well known for their durability. If you buy it then it still fail your durability standard then maybe you get the fail product and you still can ask them for a new one as long as you still in warranty.

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #9 of 10
I don't know what you do to the headset before, but either beyerdynamic is a brand well known for their durability. If you buy it then it still fail your durability standard then maybe you get the fail product and you still can ask them for a new one as long as you still in warranty.
I don't know if i just have a big head or i put them on wrong or something like that but i don't drop my headsets or anything like that what usually happens with plastic sets is they start to crack right above the ear piece, any advice on why that happens/how to prevent that would be appreciated.

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #10 of 10
  Still not so crazy on the plastic construction, it just feels flimsy to me, some plastic sets that I've had that don't look dissimilar to that set haven't lasted much longer than a month.

Trust us dude, Beyerdynamic cans are tough, I was like you when I was younger. The whole reason I wound up here on head fi is because of broken headphones, I broke like 4 pairs in 5 months :/ so I decided I should save up for something "less cheap" 

and the beyers never faulted on me, and I dropped them plenty of times 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back