So my Pistons need replacing. £15 budget what have i missed? Help me Gurus
May 9, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #3 of 9
This should probably be in the help and recommendations section tbh.

That said, what signature are you looking for? Something like the Piston or different? KZ has a ton of strong, inexpensive options at the 10 USD mark.

Tennmak is gathering some steam with some quality products too.

The new Alpha and Delta D2 from Lend Me Ur Ears has some staunch supporters.

There is a ton of good stuff out there. Just name your price and a sound signature and you are pretty much guaranteed to get some good recommendations.

May 10, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 9
This should probably be in the help and recommendations section tbh.

That said, what signature are you looking for? Something like the Piston or different? KZ has a ton of strong, inexpensive options at the 10 USD mark.

Tennmak is gathering some steam with some quality products too.

The new Alpha and Delta D2 from Lend Me Ur Ears has some staunch supporters.

There is a ton of good stuff out there. Just name your price and a sound signature and you are pretty much guaranteed to get some good recommendations.

Thanks, I do not mind getting two.

I like Jimi Hendrix, reggae, dancehall, classical and a bit of punk. I am not a bass head i like tight crisp controlled bass. 

May 11, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 9
  Thanks, I do not mind getting two.

I like Jimi Hendrix, reggae, dancehall, classical and a bit of punk. I am not a bass head i like tight crisp controlled bass. 

Reggae and Dancehall would be amazing on the ATE, but on the rest of the genres the bass might not be as tight as you'd like 

May 11, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 9
Zircons have a strong fanbass. They're probably a safe bet.

In my opinion, the easiest KZ to recommend is the ED9. Comes with two filters; gold for a fun sound with boosted bass, and the brass filter for a more flat/reference sound. The EDR2 is my current favorite though. It's fairly neutral with a bit of treble bias. To me the most "hi-fi" sounding of all KZs. The ZN1 Mini is a solid dual-driver. Bass probably isn't a tight as you would like, but the soundstage is huge and their mids are sublime for such a cheap earphone. They also EQ very, very well. The ED3c is another good KZ. Warm and bassy, though their bass lacks a bit of texture. Everything else is flat out good though.

If you are willing to bump up the price a bit, I've been enjoying the JVC HA-FXH30 for quite a while now. They use a 6mm, tip-mounted, titanium-coated microdriver. Tons of detail and very snappy. Stock tips don't really suit their sound though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back