So...my Grado 225i's arrived
Feb 16, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #17 of 32
Gentlemen,

I'm FLOORED. OMG. The clarity, the sound. It's great!

Some tracks I'm jamming:

Tracy Chapman - Telling Stories, Less Than Strangers
Beck - Lost Cause
Eric Clapton - Layla (Unplugged)
Miles Davis - Pee Wee, Fall, Agitation, Flamenco Sketches, Masquerlero
Sade - Is It A Crime, Solider of Love, Sweetest Taboo
Tom Petty - Casa Dega

Everything sounds wonderful (those are songs I KNOW sound good) .
o2smile.gif
dt880smile.png
k701smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
ksc75smile.gif

I owe this forums big time.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #18 of 32
Congrats Razeus! The 225's (original) were also purchased through the advice of the forum, I had them for over a year and since sold them to move up the Grado line. You have been warned...lol. Enjoy.

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #23 of 32
When you get your Rs-1 you could always shorten and reterminate the cable with a 1/8 and use the SR225i portably.

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just go to Radio Shack tonight and pick up a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. Ideally, I would get:

Grado Mini Adapter [Mini Adapter] - $14.95 : TTVJ, Home of High End Audio

Great buy! My favourite Grado in the SR series. I would hold off on upgrading unless you're looking at the RS1i.

beerchug.gif

Thx. Just ordered it through Amazon because your link wants $5+ for shipping.
angry_face.gif
Plus I needed to get a flash diffuser for my Canon 50D. Worked out cheaper through Amazon since there's no shipping fee (though the unit itself is a couple bucks more).

Feb 17, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thx. Just ordered it through Amazon because your link wants $5+ for shipping.
angry_face.gif
Plus I needed to get a flash diffuser for my Canon 50D. Worked out cheaper through Amazon since there's no shipping fee (though the unit itself is a couple bucks more).

That's probably the best bang for you $ 1/4" to 1/8" adapter out there!

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RS-1's will be on my Xmas list. Or something to purchase with my bonus.

I would go for a source upgrade before going to the RS-1. Onboard audio sounds abysmal compared to a decent USB DAC.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #28 of 32
my first and only grado's were are the RS1. reading all the good comment on the pristiege series models I feel compelled to try one. just from interest...is it worth having the SR225 if I own the RS1? not trying to improve on the RS1 but just getting something different. they are also pretty cheap.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my first and only grado's were are the RS1. reading all the good comment on the pristiege series models I feel compelled to try one. just from interest...is it worth having the SR225 if I own the RS1? not trying to improve on the RS1 but just getting something different. they are also pretty cheap.

I had the SR225 and currently own the RS1 and they sound a little different. The midrange sounds slightly more abundant but the treble clarity and detail is not up there with the RS1.They also sound a tad less engaging and the upper midrange is less spiky. I'd say save your money and don't buy the SR225 if you already have the RS1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back