So my e2c cable snapped...
Dec 10, 2006 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

egidio

New Head-Fier
So my e2c's outer plastic sheath snapped at classic location when you bend it over the ear.
I heard it's common defect for these phones, so I was sure that they would do something about within warranty, because phones are only few months old.

I went to my Shure dealer and I was surprised to hear "use a duct tape, as long it plays, we can't provide warranty."

So I used duct tape, but plastic sheath is more damaged every day with usage. I have around 1cm gap already, and its getting worse(its tearing apart).

I don't want to recable them myself, because I still have them in warranty, and I heard on this forum that you can easily damage drivers doing it.

If anyone had the same problem with that phones than can help me, or get some advise how to provide warranty on defect like that.

Sry for bad english, Tilen

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 6
The cable to the left earphone (where it bent over the ear) on my E2cs cracked and exposed part of the wire.

I called up shures customer support, told them exactly that and they gave me an RMA number, I sent them off and they should be comming back this week.

They should repair or replace these for you and the repairs should be free if you are still under warranty. Just look up who you have to call or where you have to send them on their website (I live in Canada so I needed a different number).

Either that or I suggest you go back to your dealer and show them the link on the shure website that says this (in the Knowledge Base section http://personalaudio.custhelp.com/)

Quote:

Is the wire covered by the warranty?

Question
The casing that covers the wiring has started to tear on my E2C's. I love the earphones and they are still working great, but the wires are getting exposed due to the plastic is cracking and separating. Is this covered by the 2 year warranty?

Answer
Yes it is. Please send them in under the 2 year warranty for replacement. Click below for more info.

Title: How do I send in my earphones for warranty repair?
URL: https://personalaudio.custhelp.com/c...ted=1139511414

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 6
Shure's CS is AMAZING. I'm on my 3rd pair of E3Cs, I was not knowing of these forums then. The first 2 had the left nozzle break off within the warranty and I just sent them in with the form explaining everything. Afterwards, I was sent replacements within a week.

Dec 10, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #4 of 6
Classic defect? Now there's an understatement.

Seems to me that if you wait too long, your warranty will run out, and you won't even be able to get a proper replacement. You might have better luck online, when you can present your complaint without backtalk from the local dealer.

Dec 10, 2006 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 6
eventually i sent off my e2cs last week to shure uk for replacement. It was the classic problem and i had not used them for 8 months, but a friend has a pair and i re-aquainted myself with them.
I'll probably sell on the replacements- as i realise i don't even like the sound too much. Shure were pretty good to deal with.

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #6 of 6
The left side of my e2c is starting to show crackling sounds when i bend the cable that leads to the IEM. Is this a sign to prove that my IEM or cable is starting to snap off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back