So my e17 pretty much fell apart.
Jun 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jwusoccer

100+ Head-Fier
I've been using my fiio e17 as a dac for about a year and a half, and a month ago i noticed that the entire amp was warping. Not sure how it happened, but the entire front side is bent quite a lot. Anyways, it was still working fine except for the volume control, which didn't matter since i'm just using it as a dac. However, today, it finally died on me. There's no sound coming out of it, and i can't find a way to fix it. I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone? I'm really not sure what to do, as i'm pretty sure i won't be able to get a replacement. It's really irritating as i don't have any way to listen to music until i get something to replace it. Has anyone dealt with fiio's customer service before? I've been looking on their website, but there doesn't seem to be anything about warranty/replacements on it. 

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 4
It sounds like the battery is about to burst. Lipo batteres usually swell and burst when something happens to them (over charge,undercharge or just a plain crapy battery). The frame is probably the only thing keeping that thing from finally bursting. I think the battery swelled up so much that it finally took out the PCB. My recommendation is toss it. I now it sucks but it's kinda risky. If you do decide to open it up I suggest safety goggles, long sleeve shirt (non synthetic) and gloves. The battery wil be bloated with gases (hydrogen fluoride in most cases).

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 4
I know for my friend's fiio e11 which stopped turning on after 2 years, a fiio rep just told him to buy a new one. (It was 2 years old) So in terms of trying to get something out of customer support don't bother and just go ahead and buy a new one.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Hmm, well in that case i'm just going to buy a modi. I don't want to deal with this again, and plus i think the modi sounds better. It just sucks  to fork over another 100 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back