So.. most likely going to buy iHP-120...
Feb 12, 2004 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

KandieMan

Head-Fier
I am about 99.9% sure I am going to go ahead and buy the iHP-120. I can't "try out" any of the HD players except for iPod but I have an iRiver now and like it, so thats a plus!

So, should I buy the iHP-120, within the next week or wait a little while for a price drop -- will there be one?

I have an iFP-390T right now so the HD one isn't so important to have now, just something i'd like to have to store ALL my music and files on... being able to go to school and have all my music at my finger tips rather than limiting myself to 60 at a time! Of course, its not like I am willing to wait MONTHS if I do plan on buying one...

So... is the iHP-120 expected to drop shortly (I know iRiver is releasing new products soon -- none of which I am interested in), will the iHP drop at all becasue of this?

Thanks for your suggestions!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 20
The iHP-140 just came out, but instead of pricing it competitively with the 120, they just made the 40 giger retail at a suggested $500 compared to the 20's suggested $400. Amazon has it for $300 and methinks that this is the lowest it'll be for a while. Of course, link through Head-Fi if you're buying on amazon.com
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 20
I ordered the iHP-120 today (as most everyone knows!!). My concern now is how is the 'Line In' recording function. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had seen on the iRiver forum that there were some issues with clicking noises on playback after recording.

Feb 13, 2004 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by AGR
I ordered the iHP-120 today (as most everyone knows!!). My concern now is how is the 'Line In' recording function. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had seen on the iRiver forum that there were some issues with clicking noises on playback after recording.

Can you take a sample and let me know what you find? I've only used the line-in on my iFP once.. but I would like it to be readily available.. and of quality!

Feb 13, 2004 at 12:28 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by KandieMan
$350 is a lot for a high school student from Canada.. heh

Well, iRiver has a $30 rebate form... so $320... its not HORRIBLE...

should I go... should iiii????

My friend; if you spent as much time researching the MP3 players as I did - You deserve it!!!!
600smile.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

I haven't spent THAT MUCH time (according to me) on the iHP-120 research, but I did before my iFP-390T haha
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it too heavy to put in my pants pocket and walk around with?

The iHP-120 comes with a nice case, and is about the size of the iPod, but a bit thicker, I think.

Feb 13, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #11 of 20
"same" size as iPod 3rd gen right?

My friend has one... i guess its not toooo bad but I tried putting it in my pocket and jumping around (and looking like a fool) and it was noticably weighning down my pants
frown.gif

Feb 13, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Well, iRiver has a $30 rebate form... so $320... its not HORRIBLE...

Be careful...the rebate on amazon.com is only for amazon. If it's not the amazon rebate, could you please kindly link it? Thanks. Go for it. I'm in high school and listening to a song or two between classes is a great picker-upper.

Feb 13, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Oddball
Be careful...the rebate on amazon.com is only for amazon. If it's not the amazon rebate, could you please kindly link it? Thanks. Go for it. I'm in high school and listening to a song or two between classes is a great picker-upper.

Your saying tha Amazon rebate is only good towards another Amazon.com purchase? Or is it a cash rebate?

Feb 13, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #14 of 20
B0000EI9VR.01.RB01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Look at the second to last line on the form.

Feb 13, 2004 at 1:38 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Oddball
B0000EI9VR.01.RB01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Look at the second to last line on the form.

HA!!!! That is priceless!!!!! Oh well!! I can always use more things from them! That is tooo funny! Thanks for pointing that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back