So maybe Beyerdynamic is not for me?
May 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HariBhushan

100+ Head-Fier
 I have had the DT880/600 for 2  months and got the DT990/600 a couple weeks ago, both that i am driving with Musialnd Monitor 02 US(source) and Woo Audio 3(amp) 

and all i have to say is that I'm not really found of either one. The DT880 had superb detail retrieval and crisp all-around sounding, but the thing is, i just felt they were lifeless and non-musical whenever i put on some trance and techno songs.

then i got the DT990 because i thought these might be the ones cause they have that spicy bass kick that i need in the music categories that i listen to, they were awesome for the first few days, then i realize that it's like eating too much dark chocolate; which is fine for a while, but looses its flavor once you had too much of it.  I thought the 990 would be the perfect headphone for me, but i guess i was wrong..

I guess i just need a can similar to the 990's with [kinda] lesser bass. The thing is, i really wanted to love the 990's, but the bass was way too prominent, and EQ' ng didn't help too much cause i felt that the bass quality dropped from doing this.

so what headphone do i need head-fi? I'm willing to spend $300-$400

May 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #2 of 7
Interesting. I have before wondered why headphones in general seem to be either bass-light, or bass-heavy. Surely they should be able to compromise between the two and get it just right as Goldilocks once said.

May 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Interesting. I have before wondered why headphones in general seem to be either bass-light, or bass-heavy. Surely they should be able to compromise between the two and get it just right as Goldilocks once said.

We can never quite just pin down where neutral is - see the K701 wars, for example. Or at least, come to an consensus about it. 

May 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 7
The problem is that if you find one that gets the bass just right(which is subjective), then it will be lacking in the highs, or the mids, or somewhere else. If you want a headphone that gets everything right, good luck! Maybe if you spend over $1000 you can come pretty close.

May 29, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
 i just felt they were lifeless and non-musical whenever i put on some trance and techno songs.

Although I have never heard the beyers, I feel the exact opposite sentiments when I listen to my Ultrasone Pro 750.

May 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 7
I agree that Ultrasones sound like a potential candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back