So many iems with fizzly treble, or am I unlucky?
Aug 24, 2022 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jenkinsontherun

100+ Head-Fier
Play the song "New Kid in Town" by The Eagles. Am I crazy, or are the cymbals like sharp needles shooting into my ears?

I'm looking for an IEM that has that hardness to it that portrays this song such that the cymbals are tasteful, rather than fizzly.

My Tia Trio is very bad at portraying that song, as do most of my IEMs unfortunately. Do all IEMs have fizzly treble?

What am I missing?

This may seem like a $%^& post, but I am genuinely serious.

Thanks.

Aug 24, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Maybe you're just destined for full sized headphones.

Aug 24, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Tia Trio has a somewhat wonky treble. Maybe try a darker IEM?

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 5
Play the song "New Kid in Town" by The Eagles. Am I crazy, or are the cymbals like sharp needles shooting into my ears?

I'm looking for an IEM that has that hardness to it that portrays this song such that the cymbals are tasteful, rather than fizzly.

My Tia Trio is very bad at portraying that song, as do most of my IEMs unfortunately. Do all IEMs have fizzly treble?

What am I missing?

This may seem like a $%^& post, but I am genuinely serious.

Thanks.

Deeper insertion might push the peak up to the right place. If you have problem across multiple IEMs, then it might have something with the way your ears interact high frequencies when sealed by an IEM.

Aug 25, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 5
It's not a $%^& post at all. I hear that sometimes too...
One thing to take into consideration is that it may not be the IEM. It may be the file or source itself. I was streaming Tidal(Master account) the other day and noticed a couple songs had that static/crackle, for lack of a better term, at the top end and immediately thought it was my new IEMs so I switched from the IEM->bluetooth dac(Fiio BTR3k) to my balanced desktop amp and dac(THX887/UD-301) and a pair of HD6xx. The songs had that same static/crackle sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back