So many choices.. Darkvoice, RSA, Woo, Meier, Lavry..
Jul 21, 2007 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jdimitri

Headphoneus Supremus
Help me pick an amp here..
I'm admittedly a little inexperienced in the home amp department and i'm just wondering what to get

I've can squeeze out enough for a Raptor if the difference is insane, but i'd prefer not to

I've only tried the DA10 and thought that was pretty special

The headphones i'll be using them with are : K501, K701 (highly thinking of buying), Darth beyers (WILL rebuy, just waiting for someone to sell) and likely DT880

The ones i've been checking out are Darkvoice 332, Raptor, Woo 6, Opera and DA10.

Care to make my choice easier? (or.. harder I know some of you will
icon10.gif
)

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 8
So many great choices and options, how can anyone make the perfect selection? I all comes down to what you want and how those things have been communicated in all those various impressions posts.

I personally have two amps on hand, the Xin Reference and AT-HA5000 with another home amp on order the Yamamoto HA-02. I have a great SS amp in the HA5000 and a great portable in the Reference and wanted a great tube amp so I pulled the trigger on a deposit for the Yammy this past week.

For tube I considered that heat (not considering the tube temperature) would be something that I wanted to minimize. The Woo is considered a warming device by some. Singlepower MPX3 stays cool enough to touch. Footprint was another consideration. There are many suppliers that have very much the same design. Having a unique design was also a consideration for me. Others impressions were very important for the headphones I was likely to use with it. Design considerations and impressions trumped for me, so I went for the Yammy.

Whatever you get will have a great sound since you are looking at some really nice equipment. So don't worry about which you get, just look for what you want and see what matches best.

Jul 22, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea if all PPX3s work in 220v?

If you bought one of the used ones, I am sure Mikhail can make whatever changes are needed for 220v.

Jul 22, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #7 of 8
Hmmm.. i'm actually currenly in the process of buying a used raptor even though it costs quite a bit more
Wanted one ever since i joined head-fi!

And of course.. it's pretty
tongue.gif

Anyway, any votes for headphones best suited for the raptor?

Jul 22, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #8 of 8
501s love tubes =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back