So, I've realized that Skullcandy sucks =P. And I need a new pair of IEM's. Help?
Sep 27, 2008 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ryan41488

Head-Fier
Yes, I said it..Skullcandy effing BLOWS. I emailed their customer service like three days ago..and never got a response back. Their earbuds also have a distant/far away sound to them, does anyone know why this is?..So..in short..I'm looking for a new pair of IEM's, So I was wondering what is everyones experience with the Sony MDR 51's is?..Bestbuy doesn't have them but Radio Shack does, but Bestbuy does have the 55's. I need something with amazing sound, but the sound pressure level MUST be 100 or below, cause 105/6 is too high for my taste, and I don't wanna damage my hearing x_X;. I've also been looking into the 2XL Wrecking Ball IEM's, but with a ohm of 32, and freq response of 20 - 20, they sound like an in ear version of Apples stock earbuds, as their specs are the same.

Sep 27, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #3 of 6
I've heard of them, and I'll look into them
smily_headphones1.gif
. What's the SQ like?..I don't know why the Skullcandys have a distant sound..could it be something with the frequency response?..I usually put the EQ Terble Booster setting on and that fixes the problem.

Sep 27, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 6
How much are you willing to spend?

Sep 27, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 6
MDR-EX32LP
Sennheiser CX300 can be had for about $30 at some stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back