So is it worth it?
Dec 5, 2008 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LordEntropy

Head-Fier
I am trying to find a replacement for my SE210s that have suffered the dreaded cable cracking disease.

MY usage is predominantly listening to music on the train on my first Gen Ipod Touch with bitrates being around the 128-192 range. So I am thinking today is there a point, bearing in mind the equipment and quality of the files, whereby I am wasting my money on IEMs of a certain quality?

I am looking to spend up to £110 and have looked at Image X5, Q-Jays and Super.Fi 5.

I am concerned by the reports of durability issues with Image stress sleeves and some reports of Q-Jays cables stiffening if worn over ear and if I am paying this kind of money the durability worries me.

Would a cheaper set of phones though serve my purpose maybe and if they did break then at least I wouldn't be too upset. The only issue I do have is I love my Shure Olives as they isolate really well.

Dec 5, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by LordEntropy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am trying to find a replacement for my SE210s that have suffered the dreaded cable cracking disease.

MY usage is predominantly listening to music on the train on my first Gen Ipod Touch with bitrates being around the 128-192 range. So I am thinking today is there a point, bearing in mind the equipment and quality of the files, whereby I am wasting my money on IEMs of a certain quality?

I am looking to spend up to £110 and have looked at Image X5, Q-Jays and Super.Fi 5.

I am concerned by the reports of durability issues with Image stress sleeves and some reports of Q-Jays cables stiffening if worn over ear and if I am paying this kind of money the durability worries me.

Would a cheaper set of phones though serve my purpose maybe and if they did break then at least I wouldn't be too upset. The only issue I do have is I love my Shure Olives as they isolate really well.

X5

Dec 5, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortonjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X5

Finally found stock for the X5 so I have ordered. Cheers
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back