so i was bored today... i had my SR80's, and a red sharpie...
Sep 2, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #17 of 38
dude, forget the sr80s, show me more pics of that room
biggrin.gif
I've always wanted to paint one of my rooms a ridiculous color...like orange or lime green.

Sep 2, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by evanfulop
Dude thats pretty cool but the paint in that in room is so bright it burns my retinas!
biggrin.gif
It would be cool to try some other colors too...bummer I don't have any Grados at the moment because I'm feeling like some green. Does it rub off?

hehe, its less intense when you see the entire room in context, as the ceiling and carpet are white/beige, ad the rest of my furniture is either black or white.
It doesnt rub off with slight contact, only if you try intentionally to rub it off, it will come off a bit.

Quote:

You must be a fireman!

hehe, no.. but i wish i looked like one. chicks have a thing for firemen.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

wonder what happened to resale value of them...

eh, im not planning on selling them anytime soon... they are high end enough for me (although that may not be the case in several months, seeing how this place has a tendency to lighten the wallets of its members)

Quote:

show me more pics of that room

like i said before, its less mellow than it looks in the picture, with all the furniture and stuff...
some pics:

biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #19 of 38
Doesn't growing up in a red room make you mad? As in, insane?

Sep 2, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
Doesn't growing up in a red room make you mad? As in, insane?

if spending $95 for a pair of headphones is crazy, then wrap me in a straitjacket and send me to the asylum.
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu
"bright" made me wonder.....

[size=large]HOW WOULD WHITE GRADO's LOOK LIKE ???[/size]

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

eek.gif
blaphsamy
eek.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick
if spending $95 for a pair of headphones is crazy, then wrap me in a straitjacket and send me to the asylum.
tongue.gif

Hmm... the room I had immediately post college was painted in its entirety, ceiling and all. It was very large, a master suite with a separate sitting area/bathroom, about 500 sqft total. Lemme see if I can remember - north/south walls painted an instutional blue, east/west navy blue, left half of ceiling a red similar to the one used here (spray paint), right half hunter green (also spray paint), with a white 2" racing stripe separating the halves. All vents, light switches/sockets were spray painted purple. Window trim and baseboards painted black. Gold blinds. I absorbed _alot_ of party favors in that period and we would throw largish parties from time to time... upwards of 2 dozen people would hang out, lie on the floor/bed/couch and stare at the ceiling while having philosophical discussions and the like. Man, I met so many hotties cause of it
icon10.gif

I just spent $1500 on cans. As you might imagine I have already been committed...

Sep 2, 2005 at 12:46 PM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
I have a pair of SR-100s that have red lettering. I'm not sure if John Grado used a red Sharpie, though.
wink.gif

Me too. I think we might have to pay sonick a visit and show him what happens when someone tries to imitate us
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #29 of 38
I sharpied my MS-1s red too - now my portable rig (red Zen Micro + MS1s) go well together.
biggrin.gif
And I don't care about their resale value 'cause I'm never selling mine!
tongue.gif

I'm a huge fan of the red/black combo. Though just died my hair black with violet highlights or whatyoucallem instead of red for a change.
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #30 of 38
hehe, i know the urge to color something when there is a sharpie close but i learned my lesson. I used a red sharpie just like u to color in keys on my keyboard and it was a mess. The color rubbed off everywhere cloths, desk, and mouse i eventually had to replace the keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back