So I think I've made my decision for my D7000's.The c2c.Any other suggestions before I take the plunge?
Sep 7, 2009 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Nigel79

100+ Head-Fier
I also love the look of tube amps like the WooAudio6 and always wanted to try them. I listen to all kinds of music. Mostly House and electronica with vocals. Is SS the way to go or would something like the WooAudio6 be better than the c2c. I dont know much about tube amps. What would be the major difference. Please help me on this. I guess I would be going through my D10 for the DAC. I would appreciate any suggestions!

Sep 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 6
I had this combo and was very fond of it. I had the Ref-1 driving it which doesn't hurt but I think you'll be happy with it. People say to get the volume pot upgrade though. I have read that the Denon's are not well suited for tubes, that they need a powerfull SS amp, but I have no experience with tubes (yet).

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had this combo and was very fond of it. I had the Ref-1 driving it which doesn't hurt but I think you'll be happy with it. People say to get the volume pot upgrade though. I have read that the Denon's are not well suited for tubes, that they need a powerfull SS amp, but I have no experience with tubes (yet).

Thanks, I was planning on getting the upgraded version. Maybe Ill make a tube amp my next purchase when i learn a little more about them.

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 6
Based on my limited experience (I had a D5000 and Compass for a while), I thought the Audio-Gd sound mated well with Denon. A higher end Denon + a higher end Audio-Gd should be a recipe for greatness, enjoy the combo!

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #5 of 6
It is true that the Denon (D2000 and D5000) sound great out of SS amps it is also true that they sound very good out tube amp. If with tubes it seems that transformer coupled amps are able to handle th low impedance of the Denon cans. However My MPX3 w/ a couple of 6BL7 tubes driven by a 2C51 driver made the Denons sing beautifully.

So what I am saying is that only you can make the call of what sounds good, and only after trying a few amps. Ideally you should attend a meet to try a few units, with the caveat that a meet is an small snapshot plus they tend to be loud. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back