So I saw someone wearing the Beats the other day in school.
Apr 9, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the? They want want to force the competition to shut? The US goverment should step in and give tons of undeserved money to Monster Cable!

FIXED!

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

What the? They want want to force the competition to shut? The US goverment should step in and dissolve Monster Cable!

And give production rights of the Turbines to another company, preferably a very highly respected IEM company.

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #18 of 32
Ken at Blue Jeans ain't going anywhere. He used to be a lawyer. He just sent them a big can of "Shut the hell up". They have not messed with him since. You have to see the Monster Wall. A wall of emails printed out supporting the guys at BJC. Monster's Ship is sinking. Just a matter of time.

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My God they are hideous. I didn't really like them that much already, but that sure sealed the deal.

Discuss similar moments when the aesthetics of a headphone you already weren't too fond of sort of "sealed the deal" (in other words, both sound and fashion are out so you pretty much just forget about it right then and there and simply laugh from then on whenever you hear about the cans in question).

Every single Grado ever made. Aesthetic wise they scream DIY POS from a amateur hobbyist to me.

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every single Grado ever made. Aesthetic wise they scream DIY POS from a amateur hobbyist to me.

I think they look very low-profile and vintage until you get up to the woodies.

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Wow you really do have problems.

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Wow you really do have problems.

Wow you have a problem with my opinion? How pathetic is that? So sorry I think Grados like some junk pulled out of a garbage bin, feel better?

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My God they are hideous. I didn't really like them that much already, but that sure sealed the deal.

Discuss similar moments when the aesthetics of a headphone you already weren't too fond of sort of "sealed the deal" (in other words, both sound and fashion are out so you pretty much just forget about it right then and there and simply laugh from then on whenever you hear about the cans in question).

They don't look TOO bad... but the SQ is terrible, and I could never make myself my something that has Dr. Dre's name on it.

I saw 5 kids at school today, 5 SEPARATE people, all with the Beats. The same thing is with a pair of Maxell headphones (don't know what they actually are), at least 8 people have them.
confused_face.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Wow you have a problem with my opinion? How pathetic is that? So sorry I think Grados like some junk pulled out of a garbage bin, feel better?

TROLL-BANK-ALL.jpg

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't look TOO bad... but the SQ is terrible, and I could never make myself my something that has Dr. Dre's name on it.

I saw 5 kids at school today, 5 SEPARATE people, all with the Beats. The same thing is with a pair of Maxell headphones (don't know what they actually are), at least 8 people have them.
confused_face.gif

I think you're a little too harsh on them.. Yes they are worth nowhere near the asking price and are kinda ugly but there is something to them. I auditioned them in the Apple store. For the comfort, SQ (found them dark and very warm) and noise-cancellation, they are worth like half of what is asked (~$150).

Apr 10, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #28 of 32
If I saw someone with the Beats I would immediately pull them aside, and show them my atrios or my MS1i (when it gets here hehe)
If else, take that punchy bass and put it in their face courtesy of fists.

Apr 10, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken at Blue Jeans ain't going anywhere. He used to be a lawyer. He just sent them a big can of "Shut the hell up". They have not messed with him since. You have to see the Monster Wall. A wall of emails printed out supporting the guys at BJC. Monster's Ship is sinking. Just a matter of time.

Yeah, I cant imagine the Monster Audios faces when they received the reply made by ex-Lawyer they were going to sue. The reply message was so awesome, pretty much big F U between the lines.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back