So I really love the IE7, but...
Oct 18, 2009 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for something that might handle classical better. I really enjoyed the Phonak but sent theme back because of quality issues; I liked the Etymoticer ER6i but hated the deep insertion so I sold them. Now, I love the IE7 (my first dynamic driver) and wish I could keep them for rock, alternative, electronic, etc. (They have totally opened up some albums for me--like Muse's Absolution!) but they just sound so blah on classical.
So here is the question: If i were to trade/sell the IE7 and picked up the RE0 at the $99 price what would be the recommendation for the second pair that would handle everything else from Radiohead to older jazz recordings and get me the as close to the IE7 sound as under a hundred could get me...
(Of course, the obvious choice would be just buy the RE0 and keep the IE7...I wish but my wife will only allow so much...and, as if it hasn't been said before, this is all your fault!)
And, I asked this on another post, but has anyone had problems w/ the cardboard filters on the RE0? At least, I read it had cardboard filters...

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 7
At least keep the IE7 too, they really shine all around. For classical, I would suggest maybe Ety ER4P or HF2/5.

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 7
btw you really ought to keep the IE7, the jazz way have a similar sound but really keep the 7 and get the RE0 too

either dont tell the wife, lie to her about it or.......

buy them and have a romantic evening with her, cook dinner, candles throw a few rose petals around. she really wont give a crap about earphones. if she asks go with she just got you an early special xmas gift so you wanted to do something special for her too.

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw you really ought to keep the IE7, the jazz way have a similar sound but really keep the 7 and get the RE0 too

either dont tell the wife, lie to her about it or.......

buy them and have a romantic evening with her, cook dinner, candles throw a few rose petals around. she really wont give a crap about earphones. if she asks go with she just got you an early special xmas gift so you wanted to do something special for her too.

ha seems like too much hard work..bunch of flowers from the petrol station and a bottle of lambrini
beerchug.gif

And take Mark's advice..asif I told my current squeeze that I spent £230 on se530's
tongue.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At least keep the IE7 too, they really shine all around. For classical, I would suggest maybe Ety ER4P or HF2/5.

he's said he doesn't like er6i... er4 and hf series basically use the same tips...
i would stick to the IE7s if you like them so much, classical does well with good sound stage, i doubt many iems can beat IE7 when it comes to sound stage..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back