So; I nuked my iHP-120, and iRiver is sending me a new one. I keep all old ...
May 21, 2004 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

AGR

100+ Head-Fier
...accessories, too! They Rock!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2004 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 17
well that's good news. i'm more used to hearing about warantee replacement nightmares with Creative & Rio. is iriver sending you a new one? usually companies send a refurb and sometimes those have problems too. hopefully not in this case.

May 21, 2004 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 17
How exactly did you nuke your iHP?

May 21, 2004 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigDu
How exactly did you nuke your iHP?

Well.........It's like this. I will let everyone know when I get the new one. How's that? 'Should be a week or two.

Of course; the only pisser is; I have to reload over 1,450 tracks back on!!!
rolleyes.gif

May 21, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
well that's good news. i'm more used to hearing about warantee replacement nightmares with Creative & Rio. is iriver sending you a new one? usually companies send a refurb and sometimes those have problems too. hopefully not in this case.

Based on my experiences, they send out only new players, not refurbished ones. Their shipping is quite fast too. Good Service!

dj_digital

May 21, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 17
So how many new ones have you received?
cool.gif
What are your experiences that lead you to believe that they only ship out new ones and not refurbed? It's definitely good to hear, I'd just like to know how you came to that...

May 21, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
So how many new ones have you received?
cool.gif
What are your experiences that lead you to believe that they only ship out new ones and not refurbed? It's definitely good to hear, I'd just like to know how you came to that...

I've only gotten one but it was new for sure. They even sent me some free headphones. Only mx-300 but still better than nothing.

dj_digital

May 22, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia

When my iHP-120 failed to boot I only had to send back the unit and USB cable but received an entirely new boxed unit with all the accessories.

Superb service. Took only a few days to get it too.

May 22, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #12 of 17
Well, I bought a imp 350 about 2 years ago. Like when it just came out.. iono when that was. My friend sorta chucked it a few hundred times across the street becuz we were bored. Iono, but i called in. I waited like 40 mins at 2pm on a thrusday. I was like is there only one person working there? Well anyways, this guy answers and he wants me to email him. I do so, and i get an RMa number. I send in my BEATEN dead iriver with earphones. A week later i get the brand new imp350 with all the accessoires.
etysmile.gif

May 22, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #14 of 17
I was thinking, I will be getting an entire new package including the case, phones, remote, etc... We will see!
biggrin.gif

All I sent back was the iHP-120, itself. That's all they ask for.

May 25, 2004 at 3:18 PM Post #15 of 17
Oh yea Creative warranty service absolutely sucks! I still remember how they lost my Voodoo card when I sent it in for replacement and after 5 months of not hearing from them and my local Future Shop had to replace it for free cuz of it... hehe

Nowadays ppl just buy their MuVo2 player, pry out the 4GB microdrive and use it elsewhere...
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back