So i need an amp...
Oct 3, 2006 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

benton

100+ Head-Fier
But have some questions. First off am I going to notice a diffrence with the amp on or off with my K81DJs and IM716s? Also my rig will look like this:

iPod 2G 8GB Nano > ALO Bling Bling > ??? > k81dj, 716

What kind of amp would you reccomend for me? It will be used solely for portable use and at home once an awhile. I know that the PA2v2, Pint, supermini3, and go vibe are all choices but what would best suit me and what would you guys reccomend for under $115 or so?

I listen to reggae, rap, rock, jam, mellow, basically a mixed bag of everything.

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 6
Up? I know this is a noob question but I really want to see what you guys have to say. I am just hesitant on buying an amp because I am worried I will not notice a diffrence.

Oct 4, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 6
I run a K81DJ straight from my X5. I don't feel I need an amp. My PA2V2 certainly does not do anything for it....
Possibly a Hornet or RS71 would make a difference but that would be a bit out of proportion IMO.
OHA-REP & Go-Vibe have a good reputation, or Xin Supermacro, but I never heard them, so I cannot comment on them.
But as I said: I don't feel I need an amp really.

Oct 5, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #4 of 6
There is also the little dot micro.

The K81DJ probably could use an amp.

Just my two cents. Good luck.
280smile.gif

Oct 5, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 6
I don't have any of your phones, but I know that my Nano sounds better amped w/ the Xin SuperMicro than unamped (w/ lineout). I would expect you would get some SQ improvement from a portable amp with your phones. With the Xin amp, the sense of soundstage expands nicely.

BTW, if I had it to do over again I'd probably go with the Xin SuperMini rather than the SuperMicro for durability reasons. The price isn't much different, and the size/weight isn't a huge factor either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back