So I got a Clip today...
Dec 24, 2008 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Z4N5H1N

New Head-Fier
Wow.

The sound quality is fantastic, FLAC support was available right out of the box, and it has enough power to drive my SR80s to more than adequate volumes without distortion. I got the 4GB one for $50.

Dollar for dollar, this player beats anything I've seen before.

Dec 24, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 34
I've got the 4GB Clip on the way. Buy.com has refurb 1GB Clips for $13.99 shipped if anyone's interseted. What the H, I ordered a couple.

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 34
I got myself another 1gb clip monday for only $30 at walmart(after my first one got worn out from heavy use) and it's great for a substitute till i get myself another iAudio 7 or a D2

The thing about the Clip is that it's Cheap, sounds very good and the interface is nice and simple at least that's my take, it's Sansa's versoin of the apple's shuffle and Franky I think the Clip is small enough, your not gonna catch me with that screen less choking hazard :p

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z4N5H1N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow.

The sound quality is fantastic, FLAC support was available right out of the box, and it has enough power to drive my SR80s to more than adequate volumes without distortion. I got the 4GB one for $50.

Dollar for dollar, this player beats anything I've seen before.

Did you happen to get this one at futureshop for $39.99?

Future Shop: iPod & MP3 Players: MP3 Players: Sandisk 4GB MP3 Player With Sanso Clip (SDMX11R-4096S-C70) - Silver

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #6 of 34
Dec 26, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by d_headshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to wait until they come out with an 8gb version since I have the fuze and need a smaller player for the gym.

there's all ready 8gb Clips, i see them going around for about $70 at my walmart
if you need one right away check to see if there's at yours or if waiting isn't an issue look for a deal online

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by travisg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just bought an 8 gig clip today v2 i love it blows my iphone away now what is flac

From Wikipedia.

"Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) is a file format for lossless audio data compression. Being lossless, FLAC does not remove information from the audio stream, as lossy compression formats such as MP3, AAC, and Vorbis do. FLAC's primary author is Josh Coalson."

Dec 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by JT33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked one of these up today on a nice boxing day sale, and the SQ is very VERY good for a cheap DAP.

OT question.. What is Boxing Day? A friend from Canada said it was a day people box up stuff. I haven't a clue.
confused.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailzs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OT question.. What is Boxing Day? A friend from Canada said it was a day people box up stuff. I haven't a clue.
confused.gif

It's like your "Black Friday" but occuring on 26 December in Canada.

regards,

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #15 of 34
Question on the Clip.

Is FLAC easy to do like Apple Lossless or do I have to go through a process?

Can you drag and drop FLAC, if so then how easy is the Clip to use as far as drag and drop? Do you have to use software like iTunes?

Reason I ask is because I just saw the clip and the dang thing is small. Really small. So I can actually run around town with that instead of my iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back